Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this today and though it might come in handy for someone.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Saw this today and though it might come in handy for someone.

You rock, dude.

Unfortunately, those charts have been here for awhile. I break this to you mainly to prevent other, less appreciative peeps from ragging on your well-meaning initiative.

If you've read many of my posts you may be aware that I have tendency to be somewhat sarcastic and more than a little glib. :whistling:

This isn't one of those times.

More than anything else, I appreciate the effort. To me, that's what WF is all about. Members providing valuable info to other members. It just plain keeps our pimp hand strong.

Thank you sir. :thumb:

·
Registered
160 Posts
According to thus chart they come from the factory geared incorrectly

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
for the auto's yeah.. looks like the gearing is ok for the manuals though based on that chart

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
for the auto's yeah.. looks like the gearing is ok for the manuals though based on that chart
Well, yes and no. 3.21 were standard and standard gears for the manual was to low. At least the manual had a option for better gears though but not many actually came with the 3.73 sadly. Even many 2012 owners are starting to realize that 3.21 shouldn't be in a Jeep

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Even many 2012 owners are starting to realize that 3.21 shouldn't be in a Jeep
EVEN many 2012 owners?

As Psycho said in Stripes, "You're on the hit list, buddy."

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
As Psycho said in Stripes
I would have tried out for that role when I lived out in Lakewood,Ca but I was told that they just wanted someone to act that way, not actually be that way. Not sure what they meant by that

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Probably Stillman's line: Fire the weapon!

Good thing you dodged it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You rock, dude.

Unfortunately, those charts have been here for awhile. I break this to you mainly to prevent other, less appreciative peeps from ragging on your well-meaning initiative.

If you've read many of my posts you may be aware that I have tendency to be somewhat sarcastic and more than a little glib. :whistling:

This isn't one of those times.

More than anything else, I appreciate the effort. To me, that's what WF is all about. Members providing valuable info to other members. It just plain keeps our pimp hand strong.

Thank you sir. :thumb:
What does OD stand for in regards to the chart?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I have a question on this. Does it matter that the graphs are using a 3.8l engine, when we now have the 3.6l? I know the rpm should be the same but the TRQ. and HP is different.

Robert

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Here's one for modders who want to take T-case ratios into consideration:

Gear Ratio Calculator
That's a great tool; I used to give that out when I commented in gearing threads...highly useful. In fact, you can pretty much pinpoint your optimum gear ratio with that bad boy...:thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
why 3.21 is even an option for a new Jeep is beyond me. It's way under-geared with that and you can feel it just driving around.
One of those corporate conundrums. Or just plain retardation, maybe. 3.21 in a Wrangler? Please.

By the way...if you have gearing questions, see a guy here on the forum named derf. The man knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
73 Posts
According to that chart FCA isn't gearing them "incorrectly" for the 3.6L engine. That being said why 3.21 is even an option for a new Jeep is beyond me. It's way under-geared with that and you can feel it just driving around.
Remember CAFE! Corporate Average Fuel Economy... when Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat’s best selling vehicles are Jeeps and trucks in the USA, they have to offer the lowest ratio gears the vehicle can move under its own power. My Ram 2500 HD was similar until I checked the SuperHeavy Duty towing package. Standard was 3.23, Tow package 3.43?, HD Tow 3.90, Super HD 4.10 with LSD front & rear. You have to be very careful which box you check. I think it was only an extra $200 for the 4.10’s INCLUDING LSD front & rear, have to do research, they want you to buy what the Dealer ordered not what you need....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts