Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Anything can be done, but I would think just looking at the two, it would be a bigger project than bolting it in.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Welding a JK grill would give you less than desireable results.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Just wait, their will be an after market grill. I can see the JC Whitney ads now. Can't afford a JK ? Well here's the next big thing! Fool your friends, looks like the real thing! Back in the early 80's they sold fake carphones and stickon antenna. Same sales pitch.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I was wondering if you can remove the whole TJ grill and install a JK grill. How much do you guys think it would cost.
The question is why? What do you like about the JK grille that you want on your TJ? You can add the round signal lamps to yours if that is what you want.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Yea, if it's the turn signals that you like about them (I don't know what else it could be), then you can drill out the holes and install the same lights. Apparently they're very easy to wire into the existing turn signals. And then, just get a set of MCE or tube fenders to eliminate the other turn signals.

Other then that, I think you're looking at a very difficult project that you would get a lot of ridicule for in the end. It's rounder and taller and wider, so you have a ton of fitment and gap issues to deal with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts