Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep finding small cracks on my 18 JK hard top, some of them are esthetic, some near the bolt holes are bothering me more. Rear part was never removed, I never tried to impress anybody with how quickly I can remove freedom panels eather. Bolts are finger-tight.
Is it normal for hard top to crack? Let say from solar heat?
Who have experience claiming hard top cracks to FCA?

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,901 Posts
You more likely have a defective one unless you tightened the bolts hard AF....take back to dealer....they shouldn't give you any guff under warranty....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You more likely have a defective one unless you tightened the bolts hard AF....take back to dealer....they shouldn't give you any guff under warranty....
Bolts where "factory tight" = barely tight, it more looks like someone tried to adjust the top hitting it with a rubber mallet. There are no cracks in other places or at list i couldn't find.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And to the dealer I went :)
Surprisingly everything went very smooth. I showed them the cracks and they took some pictures, asked me if i ever removed the rear of the top and promised to come back to me "in 3-4 weeks" After a month or so got a call: "the parts arrived" ,"big box".
They replaced the rear part of the top and transferred the original glass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts