Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while replacing my stock headlights with the KC Hilites LED, I might have broken the locking mechanism on the connector. This is the piece that belongs in the Jeep and not the headlight I removed. Yes, I was stupid enough to think that it was stuck due to mud / dirt and just used brute force to separate the connectors.

As a result every few weeks the connectors come a tad bit lose and my low beam stops working on the lamp where I broke it, High beams work just fine. Once I take the headlight out and push the connectors back in, it starts working again, until later. Not something that's worth doing every few weeks, and I suspect this will get progressively worse.

Is there a way to fix this easily / cost effectively? Or am I going to have to take it to a professional to get the harness replaced? I can't remember what the connector looks like at the moment (the light is out but I have not taken it apart yet) and was thinking if there is a way to zip tie it together, if not replace the harness / connector somehow.

Any suggestions on how to fix this stupid mistake??

Before anyone asks, the KC's are super awesome, huge improvement over the stock headlights, love'em !! They also don't appear to blind the car in front when on low beams, which is a good thing, I think.

Thanks in advance for help.

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
I just installed the same lights last week and LOVE THEM!!! You could take some electrical tape and tape it together, should do the trick.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
If you head over to Mopar Connection Repair Kit you can see the connection repair kit for the headlamps. It's part # 68064997AA and it's about $28 online. That'll be high-quality OEM terminals, splices, the works.

You can do it yourself for even cheaper, but for $28 those will come with some good quality terminals.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I used the connection repair kit after breaking the locking tab on mine. Really easy to assemble and install.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been having the same issues. Mine will come back on if I move the connecter even without unplugging it. Did zip ties fix this? Also what is the part number for the repair kit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts