Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking into upgrading my hu in my 2012 jk. I found a great deal on a Kenwood DNX-6180-HD with Rear Cam unit. I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on the unit! Other recommendations and/or pictures would also be appreciated! Thanks
:thumb:

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
How much?

It got mediocre reviews on crutchfield with majority about it being slow and unresponsive. The wattage is a bit lower than others if you are concerned with volume and not going to get an amp.

I think it depends on the deal. If it's a couple hundred, it's a great stereo. If it's 700, there are probably better stereos for your money.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello,
I am looking into upgrading my hu in my 2012 jk. I found a great deal on a Kenwood DNX-6180-HD with Rear Cam unit. I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on the unit! Other recommendations and/or pictures would also be appreciated! Thanks
:thumb:
I installed an alpine unit in my 2012 jkus. Love it. It's the INE s920. I also added the KTP power pack amp to the unit which is plug and play and doesn't require running power lines to it. I also added an alpine back up camera. Very happy. Even withstood a rain storm when I left the top off (I don't recommend this). I get everything from Crutchfield and was very happy with customer service. I could have pieced it together cheaper from other retailers but would have missed out on all the help I needed to install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts