Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
12,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wranglers are like Legos for adults. You have many bits of various sizes, colors and shapes you can add on to improve the look and performance. Also just like Legos if you step on those parts in the middle of night they will hurt your foot. Today's upgrade comes in black, its made of steel, does many things well and looks far better than the part it replaces. No doubt you read the title of this story so you know I am talking about a new front winch bumper. So before I get into what and why of the bumper choice lets take closer look at some bumper history and what you may want to consider when replacing what the factory gave you.

The stock front bumper on Jeeps from the Bantam BRC all the way up to the TJ Wrangler were for the most part a simple flat steel bumper that had a upper and lower bent lip. This design was easy to make, served its purpose and was cost effective for mass production. Starting with the JK a newer version of this was made which means Jeep covered the steel with plastic bits and told everyone it now looked modern. Yes there have been some additional factory offerings on special models that added a bit more function or style, though on many you still needed to purchase additional parts to mount a winch. So to recap, stock front bumper is at its core a bumper and anything else second.

Continue reading at:

https://wranglerforum.blogspot.com/2019/08/jkjljt-galdiator-stubby-winch-bumper-by.html?view=magazine

For those who like to watch:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Accidently posted in wrong thread, thought it was my original one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts