Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 Wrangler JK 2 Door and I am having trouble deciding on a lift kit. I am looking to lift anywhere from 3-4 inches and since I am new to this I was not sure what lift kits to stay away from. I am looking to put 33-34 inch tires with a 17 inch wheel. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have 2013 Wrangler JK 2 Door and I am having trouble deciding on a lift kit. I am looking to lift anywhere from 3-4 inches and since I am new to this I was not sure what lift kits to stay away from. I am looking to put 33-34 inch tires with a 17 inch wheel. Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum!

Rock krawler 2.5" max travel
AEV 2.5"
Teraflex 2.5"
Metalcloak 2.5"
Rancho 3" trail system

All of these would be quality lifts and would be a great starter lift to run 33-35" tires.

IMO skyjacker, rough country, and Zone would be lift kits to stay away from. No offense to anyone running these! Id stay away from anything over a 3" lift unless you want to start messing with the driveshaft. Also you don't need anything over a 3" lift to run 33-34" tires. You will need new shocks or shock extensions (i would suggest new shocks) to run all of the above kits.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Two things, first, you'll probably get a lot more response if you post this in the "JK Tech Forum" vs the build forum. Second, check out the link below and read the threads on Lifts. Start with "The Most Informative Lift Video Ever Made!", then the others.

You'll learn more that you'll likely ever care to know. If you still have specific questions after looking at those, ask away.

Good Luck!

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/jk-technical-sticky-reference-475185.html

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Two things, first, you'll probably get a lot more response if you post this in the "JK Tech Forum" vs the build forum. Second, check out the link below and read the threads on Lifts. Start with "The Most Informative Lift Video Ever Made!", then the others. You'll learn more that you'll likely ever care to know. If you still have specific questions after looking at those, ask away. Good Luck! http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/jk-technical-sticky-reference-475185.html
Thank you :thumb: Thread moved to tech

OP = read through those links.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts