Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 15 JKU sahara and am looking to add a good lift with some 35s.

my question is am i betting going with something like
Teraflex 3 in. Lift Kit w/ Flex Arms
or
Teraflex 3 in. Elite LCG Long Arm Suspension System

its going to be a weekend warrior so i'm looking for comfort but i want to know it can tackle most obstacles. I am also looking at going and getting some disconnects as well....

recommendations.... thoughts....... screaming at me.... go for it lets get this rolling!!

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
When you wheel, is it mostly rocks or more forest land type wheeling? If you wanna save some coin and want a lower CoG, you might look at something like the TF 2.5 with flat fenders to clear your 35's

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
^^Right. Most any 2.5" lift will allow 35's, but any more lift will mean a bit more undercarriage clearance as well as a need for a new drive shaft. A bit higher lift helps the break-over clearance... just a tradeoff for where/how you wheel, and if you want to upgrade to larger tires later.

If you are going to do-it-yourself install, the short arms are easiest as there is no massive cutting, grinding or welding involved as with the long arms. Long arms need to drop the gas tank, too, but if you are going to pay to have your lift installed, then this is moot.

I've done 2x TF 4" with 8 flex arm kits in my garage with my kids helping and it took a SAT/SUN to do it. Would probably only have taken 8 hours if I didn't have so much "help." :)

The TF lift you mentioned with 35s is quite capable, and depending on the shocks, makes for a nice ride too.

It is always a nice thing, if you can find a local Jeeper with the lift you are looking at and ask to take a drive in it to see how it handles. Some (most) lifts effects on driving and handling are night and day better than stock, so post a question for your area... and update your user info with your location so we know where you are.

·
Registered
261 Posts
For a weekend warrior the TF 3" with flex arms is a great set up for a JKU. I have a 2 door (JK) and have a 2.5 TF with all adjustable flex arms with flat fenders and it rides great on and off road. I installed a 1" spacer up front when I installed the lift and it was too much. I then installed a 1" spacer to the rear and it really didn't ride much different. I think you'll be happy with the 3" and unless you really really want to spent the extra coin and the extra labor then I would just stick with the short arm kit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's going to be more flat sandy land as I live in Florida, sadly rock hopping is hard to come by in swfl. But camping and the such in north Florida and Georgia is def on the list!

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
If you aren't crawling rocks or obstacles where you need belly clearance, 2.5 would work with 35s on a limo (4 door). For rocks, I would do 3.5 on the four door and be prepared to do driveshafts sooner rather than later - limos need all the belly clearance they can get playing on rocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts