Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

Firstly, sorry if this thread has already been covered (I searched in vain) but I encounter my first "small" issue with the 2017 JKU 3.6l.

It takes about 10 seconds for the auto headlights to switch on after I enter a shadow zone or an underground parking lot.

From all the car I owned before, this is the "slowest" one I ever had.

Are you experiencing this issue in the USA or is this just a European problem?

And if you have this as well, is there a war to modify the parameters of this auto lightning function to make it faster?

In advance, many thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Auto headlights are standard on the Sahara and maybe the Rubicon in the U.S.

Ten seconds seems a bit long although I have never timed mine, I don't think it takes that long. While I don't recall parking in a darkened parking garage in the daylight, mine do come on when I go through the I-10 tunnels in Mobile, Al and it generally only seems to take a few seconds. While my TJ is normally the one in the garage, the Sahara did get parked in it when the TJ was in the shop last month. I seem to recall the auto headlights came on before the Jeep was more than halfway through the door and that certainly didn't take 10 seconds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your answers.

After consideration, it seems that he sensor needs almost a full darkness environment to operate properly, more that just a time reaction or delay in fact. When in a tunnel, it seems it is not dark enough to turn the lights on. I will try to mask the sensor a little. It might help. I will try it and tell you later. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts