Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting the run around from 2 Jeep dealers on the engine "ticking" noise since I first bought it. Just 3 months past the powertrain warranty when a fellow jeep owner told me of the systemic issues with the rocker arms and bearings. Researched the issue, brought my jeep to a different dealer in home town and they immediately diagnosed issue and replaced all rocker arms....runs like it never had before. Now fighting with FCA on good will authorization and that is pain beyond most peoples endurance, except if your a grumpy old man!! Anyone fight this battle?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i've been getting the run around from 2 jeep dealers on the engine "ticking" noise since i first bought it. Just 3 months past the powertrain warranty when a fellow jeep owner told me of the systemic issues with the rocker arms and bearings. Researched the issue, brought my jeep to a different dealer in home town and they immediately diagnosed issue and replaced all rocker arms....runs like it never had before. Now fighting with fca on good will authorization and that is pain beyond most peoples endurance, except if your a grumpy old man!! Anyone fight this battle?
also next oil change switch to 5w30!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
A little more information would help. What year, how many miles, etc. Also, if you brought it up to the dealership prior to the warranty expiring it should help your case.

Maybe, @JeepCares can help?

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,518 Posts
I've been getting the run around from 2 Jeep dealers on the engine "ticking" noise since I first bought it. Just 3 months past the powertrain warranty when a fellow jeep owner told me of the systemic issues with the rocker arms and bearings. Researched the issue, brought my jeep to a different dealer in home town and they immediately diagnosed issue and replaced all rocker arms....runs like it never had before. Now fighting with FCA on good will authorization and that is pain beyond most peoples endurance, except if your a grumpy old man!! Anyone fight this battle?
Hello,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. Do you currently have a case opened on the Customer Care side? If not, please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

·
Premium Member
8,219 Posts
If you where under warranty when you first took it in to be check for this problem I would think you have a case. In fact it should be in the system showing you brought it in to have it diagnosed. Hopefully they will step up and cover this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
did it end up costing you anything? Im having the same issue. Not diagnosed by dealer yet. 2016 Wrangler Unlimited. 131K Klms on it when the ticking began.
dont know what the cost is yet but have been told by a mechanic friend possible around $3500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts