Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! New user here.

I am not an owner yet, but I am in the market for a used 2 Door JK. I have been doing my homework, and I have a good grasp on what is available in my price range, mileage, and features. The only deal breaker in my mind is having power windows. It might sound idiotic, but it's the truth. I ALWAYS drive with the windows down, and it is something that I can't live without. I don't like the idea of waiting to pull over to roll down the passenger window, or attempting to crank it down while driving on the highway.

It might sound ridiculous, but my only real hangups are manual transmission, and power windows. I am looking for a JK Sport or Sahara somewhere around 2007-2009. Many of these still have hand crank windows.

Has anyone out there converted their manual crank windows to power windows? I would be open to buying a JK with crank windows if they can be successfully converted. Were there any serious compatibility issues or general concerns? I will take any suggestions.

Thank you.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have not personally done it, but many have converted their windows to power with one of the aftermarket kits.

Here is one that has its own switches but some can use factory switches in the center console.

Power Window Kit 07-17 JK Wrangler

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The factory power windo switches are mounted on the center front below the radio. Non power windows have a small cubbyhole there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power Windows

Hi,
I just purchased a 2015 Sport with manual windows. I wish I had purchased one with power windows. So I plan to install a kit. The two kits mentioned above are the only two I had found, and there does not seem to be a lot of people who have installed either.
Have you installed one or the other kit yet?
If so, are you happy with the result?
I would love to hear from anyone who has had a successful conversion/installation. Thanks

·
Registered
810 Posts
The factory power windo switches are mounted on the center front below the radio. Non power windows have a small cubbyhole there.
Only after 2011.. 2007-10 are just a smooth panel where the switches would go, so he would need to change the radio/hvac bezel to one that has the hole. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts