Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience pulling one of these beast? I found a good deal on one and am thinking about buying it, but I know little about them. It's definitely overkill for what I need (pulling 2 kayaks for a mile or 2) but they look badass. Also how do they fit in a garage, apparently I built a house in nazi Germany because of all of the rules I can't have it in my driveway or even hooked up to my jk on the street. Any advice is helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dude they take away almost half of your tow capacity, I looked long and hard for the best trailer to fit my needs and went with the aluminum-framed ones... I think my 14' single axle is a hair over 700lbs, so that leaves my JKU 2800lbs to tow (legally and on paper that is). It worked out really well because the tractor I plan to purchase weighs right there with the loader implements.

See if anyone has made an all-aluminum version of the M101 or similar if that's the look you are after... I was able to order my 14' utility without the axle drop, so I have a little bit of ground clearance, but it's definitely not an off road trailer! :)

Good luck,

Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts