Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
If the TJ is a double din it will fit.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Dunno what model TJ you are looking at or what might have previously been done to it, but mine is a 2002 and its a din and a half. I had picked out a nice stereo months ago, but it was a double din and would not fit unless either the heating/AC unit or the vents above were eliminated and lots of modification was done.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dunno what model TJ you are looking at or what might have previously been done to it, but mine is a 2002 and its a din and a half. I had picked out a nice stereo months ago, but it was a double din and would not fit unless either the heating/AC unit or the vents above were eliminated and lots of modification was done.
1997 TJ

(I had to research what a din was :redface: :doh:)
so I think mine is a din and 1/2

I saw a new 2011 wrangler radio on ebay going cheep, and was thinking of trying it. But IDK I also have been looking at the marine radios. I have been caught in a rain storm before with no top. Or covered the dash in mudd. Plus the model Im looking at has built in 3 weather bands.

If Im going to have to cut the dash then I guess I will go with the marine radio. pluss the speakers are water proof!

Here is the link to the radio store
CAR AUDIO items - Get great deals on IN DASH DVD CD MP3 RADIO RECEIVERS items on eBay Stores!

·
Registered
619 Posts
i thought it would not be possible without heavy modifications. if you get it to work, post some pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts