Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black and used for maybe 2 months max. Would prefer to keep them, but they don't work with my new flares. One lock is kinda sticky, but still functional. Comes with 2 keys. Asking $65 shipped with PayPal.

These are currently installed on my rig, but will be coming off hopefully today. PM if interested.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Black and used for maybe 2 months max. Would prefer to keep them, but they don't work with my new flares. One lock is kinda sticky, but still functional. Comes with 2 keys. Asking $65 shipped with PayPal.

These are currently installed on my rig, but will be coming off hopefully today. PM if interested.
Stupid iPad. I'm in Indiana, not Alabama.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What flares did you go with?

I'm thinking of changing out my stock hood latches for these but want to make sure they'd work with Bushwhacker flat flares.
I have the Bushwacker pocket flares. I'm not sure if they would work with the flat ones or not. The issue I had with the pocket ones is they are substantially higher than the stock ones so I wasn't able to latch or unlatch them. They worked perfect with my stockers.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JKGirl, Do they have any adjustability in the length for better hood hold down. I looked on Qteks website but no pics of the inside to tell. Thanks!
I don't remember off the top of my head, but I want to say they don't. I will look at them tonight and let you know for sure.

If this matters or not, these actually stopped my hood flutter.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I don't remember off the top of my head, but I want to say they don't. I will look at them tonight and let you know for sure.

If this matters or not, these actually stopped my hood flutter.
That would be great, I'm looking to stop that hood lift and to clean up the fading factory latches.

Yours are scratch / scuff free with no signs of wear, like new? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would be great, I'm looking to stop that hood lift and to clean up the fading factory latches.

Yours are scratch / scuff free with no signs of wear, like new? Thanks!
No prob.

They were installed for a few months, so there might be small blems, but nothing major. I didn't notice anything wrong with them when I took them off this past weekend. I will attach pics when I double check the adjustability when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
559 Posts
No prob.

They were installed for a few months, so there might be small blems, but nothing major. I didn't notice anything wrong with them when I took them off this past weekend. I will attach pics when I double check the adjustability when I get home tonight.
Cool, Thanks JKGirl.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool, Thanks JKGirl.
You're welcome!

Here are the pics. There is a small nick in the latch in the front. And there is some adjustability with the latch that connects to the actual hood (the smaller piece). You can see the holes for the screws are oval. Not sure if that's sufficient for your needs or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
You're welcome!

Here are the pics. There is a small nick in the latch in the front. And there is some adjustability with the latch that connects to the actual hood (the smaller piece). You can see the holes for the screws are oval. Not sure if that's sufficient for your needs or not.
Thanks for the pics JKGirl, I'm going to hold off for now, might just go the Daystar route... Best of luck with the sale!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts