Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2015 two door Jk that I removed the rear seat and have no plans on ever putting it back in! It is not my daily driver and my English Springer only rides in the back. Not worried about the future value because of no rear seat or safety inspections.
I'm asking for help in removing the seatbelt completely. I have no idea how to remove the ratchet portion. I can't seem to figure how to remove the plastic to get to it without the fear of damaging the plastic. Normally this stuff just snaps in, just need advice before I break something!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The plastic over the top of the seatbelt? If your never putting it back in and don't care about resale. Jam something in there like a pry bar and rip it off.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I said I want to remove the seatbelt ratchet, I didn't say anything about destroying the trim.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Up on the rollbar? I'll have to go look at some point but like you said it should just pop off.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It does just pop off.
You better have GOOD torx head sockets. I snapped two Craftsman ones trying to take mine off. I finally had to borrow a friends MAC sockets.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Folks, I figured it out! After snapping the small trim on the window side of the roll bar off, there is a 10mm nut that needs removed and two hex screws holding the bottom. Then you can pop it out of position,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts