Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and trying to just get my head around how these even work so I do apologise if this question is in the wrong place or been asked before. Have mercy on me haha.
So I am wanting to buy my first jeep and have been waiting a long time for this but now one has come up for sale. It is a 09 jk wrangler and it says renegade edition on the back door also the rego says it's a jk renegade package.
Can someone please explain what this is?
I haven't heard of this before only sport Sahara and Rubicon.
Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I haven't heard of that particular edition, but there are many editions with some lasting one model year and some last several years. Most are built on the Sport package but even the Rubicon has had the Recon edition. I have a 2017 Big Bear Edition and in 2016 there was a Black Bear Edition. There are Willys, Oscar Mike, Arctic and Chief to name a few more.

My Big Bear edition came with blacked out wheels, the Rubicon rock rails, tail light guards and BFG AT KO2 tires. It also has a map of Big Bear park on the hood. The various editions each have their own options.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A little Google searching and the most I could find is that it’s basically a sticker package and maybe different rims placed on a Sport model by some dealerships in the South. I’m not sure it’s even an official factory trim like jp4me was explaining.

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
494 Posts
I could easily be wrong but i don’t think a renegade edition was made for the JK model. Likely was sticker the previous owner put on to emulate the renegade edition that was on the CJ model. I don’t remember the year but early ‘80s I think. If it’s a nice Jeep & you like it otherwise, stickers can be removed Good luck

Odd thing....I have a jku big bear as well

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I remember somebody either on here or JeepForum with one.
Googlefu produces this. Probably an X model with stickers and wheels to look like a CJ5.
If it says Renegade on the reg though, must be dealer done?

retro-jeep-jk.jpg

Remember that 2009 had the 3.8L engine.

Tell us more about it. Auto/manual? Has it been molested by the previous owner(s) or is fairly stock?

Reactions: USStrongman

·
Retired Moderator
100,578 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your answers guys, the jeep is a 2009 jk petrol 3.8 auto.
The current owner brought it a straight from the dealer and had the windows tinted, it's for his overseas guest's to drive when they come over. He reckons it's never been off road but who could resist the urge to go off road in a jeep? I thought it looked like the Sahara with the colour matched flares, the also came stock he said.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Ahhhh, overseas model. Hmmm.
Are the wheels 18"? Electric windows and so on?
If so, it's a Sahara with some extra fru-fru.
And unmolested --- looks like a good platform for you.

What country are you in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah 18 inch wheels, electric windows etc. I am in New Zealand. I'm feeling that too.

Also yes it does look like a table it's odd haha. Is it a common JK bumper?

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Yeah 18 inch wheels, electric windows etc. I am in New Zealand. I'm feeling that too.

Also yes it does look like a table it's odd haha. Is it a common JK bumper?
Yup. You got that bumpa, Hella H4 headlights, much better tail lights, and your steering wheel is on the wrong side.
We just think it's funny looking because we're not used to it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Goodness, I though the U.S. bumpers were ugly!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts