Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 2012 2dr, but I still get annoyed with it. The latest annoyance is the front seats. The fabric sucks moisture out of the air and every morning my butt gets damp when I drive to work. (Incidentally, my Spiderweb Shade does something similar.) The hinges have torn through, and they are rusty. The side bolsters are flat and I can't reform them. Basically, they're falling apart, they're uncomfortable, and they need to be replaced. Any suggestions? In my search I've found a lot of seat cover options, which I don't think will help me, but no seat replacement options.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Fairly certain the 2013+ seats will bolt right in. Might be worth a look to see if you can find a set from a newer wrecked vehicle. They were redesigned in 2013.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I have the same year, and each time I look to find a lockbox for under the seat, the 2012 is a no-go because it seems to be the only year for JK that they had some crossbar under the seat...

Always thought of replacing with a different JK seat.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have the same year, and each time I look to find a lockbox for under the seat, the 2012 is a no-go because it seems to be the only year for JK that they had some crossbar under the seat...

Always thought of replacing with a different JK seat.
Must be something with the 2 door? I have a lockbox under my 4 door, driver seat. I think i remember bending a flimsy bracket out of the way but all it was holding was a wiring harness...

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Must be something with the 2 door? I have a lockbox under my 4 door, driver seat. I think i remember bending a flimsy bracket out of the way but all it was holding was a wiring harness...
That's probably all it is, as I haven't really "needed" a lockbox or anything, I usually just plan to drive with as minimal junk with me and try not worrying about losing stuff.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I would try Craigslist or the local junkyard. You might be able to find a Jeep with rear end damage that left the seats untouched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts