Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad as a 12 JK Sport S and is getting new rims and tires. I'm looking to put those on my stock 95 YJ. I know the bolt patter went from a YJ at 5-4.5 and the JK 5-5. Anyone know a good set of adapters and know off hand what else might need to be done? Will these tires even fit? He has the 255/75-17s

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
Well in my honest opinion if I was you the best way to go about this is get an RC 4 inch lift kit and anything up to 33's will fit. Really just depends on the size of tires, I'm guessing you have 28's on so a lift is the best way to go about it. Depending on the JK tires and your engine you might not be able to use 5th gear.

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
We needs more pictures and information. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
did a quick search and found that the tires are about 32", so they won't fit without a lift

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea your gonna need a small lift to tuck those bad boys under there, not only are you adding 2 inches of wheel but probably 2 inches of tire or so. Not gonna be able to tuck those bad boys with out a small lift but to answer your question... these are the best... and you will need 2 sets, total of 4 spacers.

Spidertrax WHS-002 - Spidertrax Wheel Spacer Kit for Jeep® Wrangler YJ, TJ, Unlimited, Cherokee XJ, Comanche MJ, Grand Cherokee ZJ & Liberty KJ with 5x4.5" Bolt Pattern - Quadratec
Thanks. I'll have to check it out!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a '95 YJ with a 2" Zone OffRoad suspension lift and the wheels/tires off my '12 JKU Sahara (P255/70R18) on 2" spacer adapters.

The offset of your stock YJ wheels are likely around +25, but the JK 17" & 18" are +45 (they will be closer to your leaf springs and probably rub when turning lock to lock). I could have went with 1.5" spacer adapters, but with my wider flares they would have been tucked in too far for my taste. Also, I put the wheels on a few days before the lift... for street use they didn't rub, but the 33" DuraTracs I used temporarily rubbed in the rear the moment I came off the pavement... guessing the 32" JK Sport GY Wranglers on 17's would with little flex as well.

I got my spacer adapters on eBay, think it was around $135 for a set of 5.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a '95 YJ with a 2" Zone OffRoad suspension lift and the wheels/tires off my '12 JKU Sahara (P255/70R18) on 2" spacer adapters.

The offset of your stock YJ wheels are likely around +25, but the JK 17" & 18" are +45 (they will be closer to your leaf springs and probably rub when turning lock to lock). I could have went with 1.5" spacer adapters, but with my wider flares they would have been tucked in too far for my taste. Also, I put the wheels on a few days before the lift... for street use they didn't rub, but the 33" DuraTracs I used temporarily rubbed in the rear the moment I came off the pavement... guessing the 32" JK Sport GY Wranglers on 17's would with little flex as well.

I got my spacer adapters on eBay, think it was around $135 for a set of 5.
Looks great! Do you know the seller from eBay so I can check them out?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Be careful of where you buy your spacers if they are not well built they will come lose. I suggest you spend the money and get the Spidertrax. Some times you need to spend the money op front to stop problems later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts