Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i wanna lift my JK Rubicon 2 door 4 inches and put 35's on it. Do you guys think that would be a good combo. Also what lift handles well on the road while still being very capable off road. Im far from wealthy so im looking for a good quality lift somewhere in the middle of the road price range.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey guys, i wanna lift my JK Rubicon 2 door 4 inches and put 35's on it. Do you guys think that would be a good combo. Also what lift handles well on the road while still being very capable off road. Im far from wealthy so im looking for a good quality lift somewhere in the middle of the road price range.
any particular reason you want to go 4 inches. 2.5 is all that is needed to clear 35's. I have attached a pic of my 4 door with 2.5" and 35's. 2 door will look higher with same lift, due to the shorter wheel base.

·
Registered
250 Posts
any particular reason you want to go 4 inches. 2.5 is all that is needed to clear 35's. I have attached a pic of my 4 door with 2.5" and 35's. 2 door will look higher with same lift, due to the shorter wheel base.
Forgot to upload the pic. oops :)

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason i want to go with 4 is because theres some pretty disgusting trails around here with some deep mud and big rocks. Plus theres a JK in town here with a 4 inch on 35s that looks really nice and ive seen his do some awesome stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hows the flex with the 2 inch lift

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hows the flex with the 2 inch lift
Just got it back from the shop on Wednesday, the only flexing I have done so far is a parking block.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The reason i want to go with 4 is because theres some pretty disgusting trails around here with some deep mud and big rocks. Plus theres a JK in town here with a 4 inch on 35s that looks really nice and ive seen his do some awesome stuff.
FYI you could put a foot of lift and its not going to help. the 35 are what will help raise the diff up not the lift to give better ground clear.

I would go with 2 or 2.5 lift and 35.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
there's tons of flex on a 2 in lift given the length of the shocks/coils. Now if your under flex situations... oem components will bind. Look into a full set of control arms w/ misalignment (RK, MC).
Here's an example of oem arms vs control arms w/ misalignment in flex situations.
see how the jeep tilts

see how the jeeps center of gravity is stable.

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
Here in Arizona we don't just play on "big rocks" - we play on house sized boulders lol. 37s and 2.5 inch RK X Factor for the win. 2 doors don't need bigger lifts like limos do - ESPECIALLY on rocks. You get too tippy and top heavy, get a little off camber and..... Two doors who play on harder trails are much better off staying just as high as needed to clear the tires and flex out the suspension. Flat fenders are also your friend.

Some editorial pictures - on a mere 2.5 inch lift with 37s.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
Just got it back from the shop on Wednesday, the only flexing I have done so far is a parking block.
Much win in this post!

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
I think my 3rd pic shows what dawhitesJKU was trying to show. Look how sunk down the passenger tire is, and the drivers is stuffed - but the Jeep body is pretty level.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Just because someone else does it, doesn't make it a good idea. 4" of lift won't get you over rocks, tires do that. Get yourself a good RK or TF lift and 35's. Also invest in some armor and you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok thanks for all the feedback. So 2.5 with 35's makes way more sense. So does anyone have a recommendation for a 2.5 or 2 inch lift that comes with the control arms and everything. Im looking for the whole package.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts