Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sure somebody has already answered this ? before on another post, but on my JK and it could just be me but i'm 5'9 and with the seat default i feel like im too low to the ground and i feel like i have to sit closer to the pedals n stuff then any other vehicle i have owned just wondering if that's normal i mean i'm not short by any means so i shouldn't really have to lift the seat right?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think it's all personal preference. I'm 5'11 and sometime raise it a pump or 2. Really depends on where my wife last left it and the struggles i can go through to get it comfortable again.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am 5'9" and keep mine pumped to maximum height all the time. I have noticed that the seat height does not stay put and I have to pump it up again every few days on my 2011.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea that's my issue now whether to do that, i see some people say they put it all the way up but i can't see how they could, but when i raised it 2 notches when i went to stop i actually was hitting move above the brake pedal and hitting the bar so not sure if i should maybe move the seat back

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I'm 5'8" with a shorter torso and I keep it all the way down.
Maybe its because I'm just used to being low in sportier cars.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
D2mini, ok now we are getting somewhere well how close to you sit to the wheel
I was going to include that in my post above but it's hard to say.
My jku is currently at the body shop but I'd say my chest is probably at least 15" from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
(Manual Adjustments) 6'2'' tall, with lower back and shoulder issues, I sit extremely close to the steering wheel. 5 pumps high and more forward or upright. Wife is 5'8'' & completely the opposite.. 5 pumps down, seat second to last locking position back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts