Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 2009 sport last summer due to it needing the rear main seal replaced. I miss the fun of a Jeep and back in the market. I found a 2008 with 60,000 miles $14,000. Both tops and a snow plow. Ran the carfax (2 owners) and until 2011 it had 50,000 miles on it. A couple things have me concerned. The plow and only 10,000 miles put on the Jeep in 9 years because it was used to plow his funeral home parking lot. I wouldn't keep the plow or hardtop, so whatever they are worth that would bring down the price. I just don't want another Jeep with issues from not being driven enough or wear and tear from the plow. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
If you are looking for a Jeep without problems, I would stay away from a plow vehicle.

Is the Jeep on a dealer's lot or is the undertake selling it?

Reactions: WillB and cthusker

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
If you are still interested, go see how it drives. Do you have any pics, frame, rear tailgate etc... I know those under takers like to use a lot of salt to prevent the blue hairs from slipping.
If it passes your first test, I would have a mechanic give it the once over for engine/transmission issues.

If you have any pics, post them up.

What part of PA are your from?

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,056 Posts
Unless I was buying a vehicle to continue being a plow truck I wouldn't buy one. Plowing is one of the hardest things done with any vehicle imo. No telling what's ready to break on something with that many miles that's been plowed.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I would stay away from that. Probably sat untouched from May-November each year and then was only used as a plow with lots of short trips in cold weather. Vehicles like to be driven.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I would also try to confirm the plow history and location. For example, if a local small business here in Indiana had a plow truck that they only used on their property and didn't plow everything in town I would be real concerned because it likely only saw 20 minutes of plow time the last 5 years and the owner likely knows where all the curbs, parking blocks etc. are on his own lot.. If it is Montana and the guy is plowing with it 10 hours a day on foreign lots hitting lord know what I would pass.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
That is a heavy plow for that JK. I would assume they did something to the front suspension to beef it up.
You say you don't want issues. You got rid of a Jeep one year newer that had a leaking seal.
A plow Jeep may not be the one for you especially since the price they are asking is not a take a chance price.

Reactions: cthusker
1 - 11 of 11 Posts