Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to site after issues with my Jeep. Experiencing the following issues:
Firstly, owning the aussie diesel version I have the stop/start function. This seems to intermittently play up and state 'not ready'. Dealer initially told me this function should not be available on the Wrangler and only other models.

Secondly, the cruise control on/off switch fails to even turn on cruise control let alone set it at the required speed

Thirdly, I have the RHR 730? model head unit. Apart from being an extremely overpriced head unit which I am contemplating replacing, it changes language to German every so often, which in turn changes the dash to German also. Not sure if it is a coincidence, however I have noticed this has happened three times with different iPhone operations. Plugging in, unplugging and also when taking a call. This has happened with an iPhone 4s and iPhone 6.

Anyone else experienced any of these? Dealer basically wipes their hands and says to take the car in when the fault occurs, but being intermittent, as you can imagine it never happens when I am close by.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Welcome from Michigan!

American models don't have stop-start so unfortunately I have no advice on that.

As for the cruise control, do other steering wheel buttons work? The horn? I know every Chrysler product I've driven with the same style steering wheel controls requires a longer press than pretty much anything else on the road (I travel for work and rent dozens of cars each year). Beyond trying to hold the button longer I'd suspect a bad switch set if all other controls work.

I only have the 430 radio and it's never done the language thing but what I find strange is that I'm fairly sure on mine you have to set dash display language from the EVIC though to be fair I've never tried as English is all I know.

Hope this is some help. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the delayed reply. All buttons work fine, and doesn't matter how hard I press, at times it just doesn't work. I find them quite sensitive usually.

As for the stereo, you can change the language through 'personal settings > language' on the dash, or you can change the language via the stereo. Each updates the other. I have mates with the Grand Cherokee who have reported other similar bugs

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not much info on your problems, but my 2007 rubicon had an issue where rarely the power windows would not go down until after a cycle of the ignition. My friend's 2012 rubicon has done this once to him. Also, remote starting a jeep with the AC on will result in the AC never turning off until you cycle the ignition. I bought my 2015 rubicon with manual windows, locks and ignition for these reasons.

When I worked at an electronics company 10 years ago, they were moving from hardware debouncing of buttons to software. The digital input hooked to button arrays would try to interpret the noisy switch signals and decided if a button was pressed and how many times. I find the jeep steering wheel buttons and cluster switch to be very finicky in my 2015 too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts