Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a lot of threads out there but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a 2007 JKUR with the stock infinity system in it. I am looking at upgrading the stock speakers to Polk db. Would this be a noticeable difference?

I'm looking to keep the head unit and not mess with an amp because I am all new to this and am on a budget.

Which speakers should I put where? I saw that some people put db651s in all 4. Others put db651s in the front then db651 in the soundbar. Where should I put these? Or does it make any difference at all?

Lastly I want to swap out the tweeters. Would these be worth the swap from the stock infinity's? Which tweeters would you recommend? And how much work did it take to put them in?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Speaker Upgrades

You really need to read some of the write-ups on speaker upgrades. The speakers and head unit in Jeeps suck to put it mildly. The unit supports 2-ohm speakers. If you replace just the speakers, you are not going to benefit much IMHO. If you replace them with 4-ohm speakers and do nothing else, your volume will probably be 1/2 of what it was. To do it right, you need to replace all your speakers with good 4-ohm speakers and put in an amp along with the necessary stuff to run that (LOC, PAC).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.