Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I carry a 40" on my Teraflex and often offroad with 2 Jerry cans attached to it.
I've stood on the tire before too :)

View attachment 4509116
What model (or part number) is that tire carrier? I'm looking for a way to carry 5-10 extra gallons of gas safely without hanging it all over the jeep. I looked on extreme terrain's website I don't see that one you've got. Newby here from SoCal been lurking first post.
Russ

·
Administrator
17,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
What model (or part number) is that tire carrier? I'm looking for a way to carry 5-10 extra gallons of gas safely without hanging it all over the jeep. I looked on extreme terrain's website I don't see that one you've got. Newby here from SoCal been lurking first post.
Russ
That's the Teraflex carrier. It will carry a single rotopax with 2 gallons, or there's a hi lift option that you can attach several rotopax to.

But I've switched to the Rock Slide Easy Rack to carry fuel now. It mounts to the tire and the Teraflex carrier has had no problem holding it.
Bonus is it will work with both our Jeeps, here' it is on our last trip in my wife's Jeep.
Next trip we'll double the amount of rotopax on it adding in some water containers.

EZ Rack Kit Spare Tire Mount - Rock Slide Engineering

·
Registered
813 Posts
What about JKs/JKUs that had the Teraflex carrier from the factory like the Recons, Hard Rocks, and the 10As?
I've got a HR with the 10a set up. When I did the AEV 3.5" DS lift I did their bumper mounted tire carrier that integrates with that specific bumper as well. I had 35s on it for 2 years and now have a 37 since going that route. I do not even know what the carrying capacity is but can tell you that thing does not move.
AEV Carrier and 37s.jpg

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've got a HR with the 10a set up. When I did the AEV 3.5" DS lift I did their bumper mounted tire carrier that integrates with that specific bumper as well. I had 35s on it for 2 years and now have a 37 since going that route. I do not even know what the carrying capacity is but can tell you that thing does not move. View attachment 4513498

I don't see those a lot on the 10A/HR style bumpers. Usually it's the Teraflex style carrier I see. Does that swingout open with the door, or is it a "two step" like the run of the mill bumper carriers? I think Maximus-3 makes something similar to that. Looks good!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I don't see those a lot on the 10A/HR style bumpers. Usually it's the Teraflex style carrier I see. Does that swingout open with the door, or is it a "two step" like the run of the mill bumper carriers? I think Maximus-3 makes something similar to that. Looks good!
It is mounted inside the bumper, and the bumper was designed to accept this exact carrier, and it's mounted to the rear door. It swings out when you open the rear gate normally and closes normally - all in one smooth motion.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts