Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I turned to the dark side and traded in my 2016 JKURHR for a JLUR. I ALMOST feel it was treason, but am starting to get used to the upgrades. I wish I could have kept the JK too as it had all the mods I wanted and was in like new condition. Got a great deal on the new Jeep and took the plunge.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Let us know how you like it, keep us update over the long haul.

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Ok, I turned to the dark side and traded in my 2016 JKURHR for a JLUR. I ALMOST feel it was treason, but am starting to get used to the upgrades. I wish I could have kept the JK too as it had all the mods I wanted and was in like new condition. Got a great deal on the new Jeep and took the plunge.
This is what my YJ buddies say about me since I sold my YJ to purchase my 10A. Enjoy the experience, hopefully you will not regret it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
HI Texan

Did you go for the 3.6l or the 2.0 turbo?

What are the main differences you have noticed: gas consumption, silence, gadgets...???

Interesting subject :happyyes:!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,446 Posts
Congrats. Nothing like a new rig to start over on.

Reactions: dawhitesJKU

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI Texan

What are the main differences you have noticed: gas consumption, silence, gadgets...???

wanted and got the 3.6 V6 before the prices go up on the 2020 models. Differences? Well, quieter, smoother on the roads, even with mud tires, much updated interior and axles. Just too many to list. I'm still getting used to it even though I spent 4 hours driving it home from the dealership. Was worth the drive to save that much off MSRP. ill keep updating as I drive:)

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Same here. Modded (loved) JKURHR and traded it for my JLUR.

I even let the dealer know, "I'm coming down. I want an hour alone with it. I may take it, I may leave...." They were cool with that.

It took me driving in and maybe opening it up and the decision was made.
As I said, I Loved my JKURHR but the new JLUR was just so much - everything.
The numbers were right and the switch was easy.
I have not missed my JK one minute since ....

Good luck, have fun.

Here is the day....
IMG_20180830_133042.jpg

Now...
IMG_20190606_194056.jpg

One(1) year and 20k miles later.... Love it even more.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
If I could, I'd do it. I'd get a JL Rubicon. I might even forego my traditional manual transmission in favor of the 8-speed automatic. Sacrilege, I know! Even more iffy, I might opt for four doors, but I doubt that.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
If I could, I'd do it. I'd get a JL Rubicon. I might even forego my traditional manual transmission in favor of the 8-speed automatic. Sacrilege, I know! Even more iffy, I might opt for four doors, but I doubt that.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Same here! I missed a 6 speed handshaker when I decided I wanted a JK, zero regrets going W5A-580.

·
Registered
471 Posts
HI Texan

I hope FIAT improved the engine/transmission, I also had a Turbo '17 Renegade and did a lot of tech visit to do module flush.
I hated that jeep, their turbo engine/transmission is wimpy. After a year of owning it, I traded it in to a '14 JK 3.6 2-door.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I hope FIAT improved the engine/transmission, I also had a Turbo '17 Renegade and did a lot of tech visit to do module flush.
I hated that jeep, their turbo engine/transmission is wimpy. After a year of owning it, I traded it in to a '14 JK 3.6 2-door.
The Renegade does not have the 2.0 Turbo or the 8 speed auto.

:) ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same here. Modded (loved) JKURHR and traded it for my JLUR.

I even let the dealer know, "I'm coming down. I want an hour alone with it. I may take it, I may leave...." They were cool with that.

It took me driving in and maybe opening it up and the decision was made.
As I said, I Loved my JKURHR but the new JLUR was just so much - everything.
The numbers were right and the switch was easy.
I have not missed my JK one minute since ....

Good luck, have fun.

Here is the day....
View attachment 4168175

Now...
View attachment 4168177

One(1) year and 20k miles later.... Love it even more.
it's so funny you mentioned time alone before you left her....I did the same. I won't say I teared up, but I teared up.....I loved that JK. After the 4 hour drive home, I was on with it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I test drove a jl rubi early this summer. It was, for me, perfection. White, rubicon, and that beautiful retractable soft top. The ride was really very good and the acceleration was a dream for me as I had been driving that damned ol’ 3.8 for over a decade.

it literally brought a tear to my eye but that “could” just have been the price tag on that thing. Jeez Louise!

In the end I traded for a minty 2015 rubicon in tank color. You do the best you can with what you have.

Enjoy your jl.

·
Registered
288 Posts
So what made you trade the JK with all the mods? Too bad you couldn't keep it as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts