Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first jeep a couple weeks ago and I'm getting it ready to drag behind the RV this summer. I have decided on Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain with the adapters to work with the 3/4" D-ring mounts on my aftermarket bumper (good excuse to buy a steel bumper, ha). I will be using an NSA Ready brake and accompanying break-away unit. I will also wire up brake lights with additional bulbs, etc. as to avoid the factory wiring/electrical system. That being said, I feel like I'm going to have all this ugly stuff hanging off the front of my otherwise nice looking jeep. Wondering if anyone has installed their set-up and think it looks extra clean, I'd love to see pics.
Thanks in advance.
Patrick

·
Registered
907 Posts
I am using the Ready Brake System also. I built everything including the tow brackets into my stock Hard Rock bumper. I refused to install commercial base plate that reduced clearance under the bumper. I am using the D-rings to connect the safety cables to reduce additional clutter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I went with the LOD bumper with the Blue Ox mounts welded on from the factory - love it. there are 2 wiring harnesses that work well with the JK's. I went with the Cooltech tow harness and it is pretty good, plug and play. just had to run the cable to the back drivers side tail light (ran it through the frame). My friend did the mopar factory harness and he has been pretty happy with it. said it was a little hard to get to the connectors, but not horrible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For some reason I didn't get a notification on this and just happened to check back today. Great video, thanks so much, that is exactly what I"m looking to do. I think I can play off of your idea and make it work with my steel bumper. Appreciate you posting this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts