Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m wondering if there is a true tuner out there, as in one with performance programs that also will allow you to alter the tpms threshold? Superchips seems to have a good tuner but it only allows you to turn off the tpms system. I want to be able to lower the threshold because I run 28-30 psi in my tires daily. The AEV ProCal does it but has no performance tuning.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I’m wondering if there is a true tuner out there, as in one with performance programs that also will allow you to alter the tpms threshold? Superchips seems to have a good tuner but it only allows you to turn off the tpms system. I want to be able to lower the threshold because I run 28-30 psi in my tires daily. The AEV ProCal does it but has no performance tuning.

I am looking at jscan for my Android phone. It says it can change the tps down to zero or turn it off all together change tire size gear size and a lot of things the app is $18 plus the bluetooth adapter you can get off Amazon for around $20.

I am thinking about getting it and trying it out I personally have not tried it only saw a guy on YouTube talk about it. I downloaded the app for free and it seemed to work with the Bluetooth odb2 reader I already have. Sent a few questions to the developer and depending on the answers I will buy the unlock code for 1 Vin.

JScan ? OBD JScan ? Mobile Jeep Diagnostic Tool.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just watched that Jscan video. I watch that guy all the time. Very reputable. That’s awesome you already have the reader since the one he recommended is sold out since 25k people saw his video in a week! Lol I’m going to get this too. Mostly for spedo. I would love to have and be willing to pay for some performance adjustment ability. But right now all I see as an option is the trail dash for $600 and with the 2017 have to do an ECM swap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I am looking at jscan for my Android phone. It says it can change the tps down to zero or turn it off all together change tire size gear size and a lot of things the app is $18 plus the bluetooth adapter you can get off Amazon for around $20.

I am thinking about getting it and trying it out I personally have not tried it only saw a guy on YouTube talk about it. I downloaded the app for free and it seemed to work with the Bluetooth odb2 reader I already have. Sent a few questions to the developer and depending on the answers I will buy the unlock code for 1 Vin.

JScan ? OBD JScan ? Mobile Jeep Diagnostic Tool.
I watch all of jk gear and gadgets videos! I was very interested in that product but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. It hasn’t been around long enough for me to trust it. If the ecu has issues with it it’s pricey. I ended up buying a used Superchips tuner locally for $200. The only thing I’m not a fan of is there’s no option to change when the tire pressure light comes on. You can only turn the system on or off

·
Registered
346 Posts

I believe my traildash lets me lower or shut off the tpms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
I believe my traildash lets me lower or shut off the tpms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is correct, you can lower the TPMS threshold down to about 22 lbs if I remember right as well as shut it off when you air down on the trail.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
That is correct, you can lower the TPMS threshold down to about 22 lbs if I remember right as well as shut it off when you air down on the trail.

Doesn't work on later model vehicles. ODB Jscan also can not adjust pressure threshold on anything after 2015. You can only turn it on/off

I have obd jscan and it's hit and miss (on a 2017 rubi). Some things work Some not.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
Doesn't work on later model vehicles. ODB Jscan also can not adjust pressure threshold on anything after 2015. You can only turn it on/off

I have obd jscan and it's hit and miss (on a 2017 rubi). Some things work Some not.
Actually it does. You are required to get an unlock code from SuperChips. Works for TD2 and TrailDash (TD2 without tunes).

·
Registered
556 Posts
I had the Superchips FlashPaq, an upgraded FlashCal, of the tunes I have only used the 87 Tune and adjust for larger tires. I dont even remember what the difference between stock and the tune now. My dog used the Paq as a chew toy and then lost it during my house remodel.

Ill get the license for the JScan to change tire size in the future rather then get another FlashPaq. The PARscan beta app also has some/all of the JScan functions it just isnt as polished user experience.

I already had the BT adapter to use Torque Pro.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had the Superchips FlashPaq, an upgraded FlashCal, of the tunes I have only used the 87 Tune and adjust for larger tires. I dont even remember what the difference between stock and the tune now. My dog used the Paq as a chew toy and then lost it during my house remodel.

Ill get the license for the JScan to change tire size in the future rather then get another FlashPaq. The PARscan beta app also has some/all of the JScan functions it just isnt as polished user experience.

I already had the BT adapter to use Torque Pro.
Yup looking more and more like the JScan app is the way to go for me too. To bad that trail dash is stupid expensive.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
Yup looking more and more like the JScan app is the way to go for me too. To bad that trail dash is stupid expensive.
IMO the TrailDash is expensive and IMO is only really an option if you have a Rubicon. It has the Rubicon screen which lets you manipulate the lockers and sway bar disconnect. With the lockers you can engage them in 2hi or 4hi or just the fronts.

Though for a real tuner it is about impossible to beat HPTuners. As far as I know it can do just about everything and it is a much better tuner than anything else on the market. Of course it requires the users to know what they are doing.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Though for a real tuner it is about impossible to beat HPTuners. As far as I know it can do just about everything and it is a much better tuner than anything else on the market. Of course it requires the users to know what they are doing.

Yeah... and these tuners pretty much void any engine warranty that you may have so you don't want to use them on newer jeeps which are still being covered.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
Yeah... and these tuners pretty much void any engine warranty that you may have so you don't want to use them on newer jeeps which are still being covered.
The OP asked for not only something that could modify the TPMS settings but also could tune. Any device that can tune potential voids your driveline warranty, it is not limit to just the engine. I brought up HPTuners because as far as I know it has much more capability then any of the hand tuners. In addition you can use it on more than one vehicle. But it is a very steep learning curve and it is not really portable unless you carry your laptop with you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My biggest gripe with the Jscan is they can’t possibly of put as much r&d into the product as Superchips or other big tuning company’s. I can’t see risking my ecu for that. It may work absolutely perfectly and have no issues ever but it’s still so new. And for something as vital as an ecu I can’t see messing with it without knowing that the product is not going to harm that in any way. I just can’t trust it at this time. But assuming it works out, it would be a very impressive and great product.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the Buly Dog GT and it has performed as expected. I'm not into the touchscreen displays (the BD unit is small enough to fit in the palm of you hand and is hardly noticeable when mounted on the A pillar) nor do I need the ability to control my lockers seeing as though I have air lockers and a switch panel for them. No Rubicon here so I didn't need any control or sensors for the sway bar.

I originally bought the BD to calibrate my larger tires but have since used the low octane tune, calibration for 5.13 gears and TPMS adjustments (currently have the TPMS turned off). It has the capability to tune for off road but I haven't needed that but I may download the tune for my Moab trip at the beginning of April.

One feature I really enjoy is the fuel used reading. It is pretty accurate considering how inaccurate the fuel gauge on Jeeps are. When it tells me I have used 21 gallons of my 22 gallon tank and I fill-up at the gas station, I usually can only get 20.something into the tank. So the fuel consumption reads a little high but I consider it a good error without being too inaccurate.

It is worth checking out. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts