Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So a couple of weeks ago we fitted of the a new cross member for the rear middle control arm to the diff for the 3 link system... well... went to put the fuel tank back in and the bloody filler piper is in the way of the control arm... a new stainless steel fuel tank coming up! For every action there is a reaction lol.... JKs and bloody physics lol :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A bit slow going at the moment. Made the rear tray and wasn't 100% happy so cut it up and rebuilt it. Should be finished in a week or two for the powder coaters and then ill put the floor in and do the electrics and tailgate.

Made the rear bar with removable side wings but have a few modifications to do before I send it to the powder coaters. Getting there ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
G'day guys, been a long time since I posted here....my build got put on the back burner for a bit as I was too busy with my normal day to day business.... but things have moved forward in the last couple of months... Got the hardtop cut and glued. will need to sort out a rear custom glass for it. Most of the rear cab closeout is done now just need to fill in the old wheel wheel panels. Got a Genrite tank for the back.

rear tray close to finished...
still need to sort out the roll cage in the back for the rear seat belts,
connect the gas tank and make a filler pipe,
Seconf Gas tank as the original had to come out.
extend the rear brake lines,
extend the rear lights and locker looms...
Custom Sliders etc.
Custom dump pipe and exhaust
still got lots of fiddly things to do....
LineX
then timber floor in the rear tray :) :beerdrinking:

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Very cool build. You have provided some inspiration for me, I'm to a similar place in my build.
What gauge metal did you use for the old tailgate hole? Is it just box tubing and a outer skin with some beads rolled in?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Very cool build. You have provided some inspiration for me, I'm to a similar place in my build.
What gauge metal did you use for the old tailgate hole? Is it just box tubing and a outer skin with some beads rolled in?
the closeout was 1.2mm with a couple of bead roles in it. Here's a few more photos. The inside skin will be done in 2mm... overkill but the Roads Authority Engineers asked for it like that so that's what they'll get.

If you want anymore photos just let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A few more pics of the left side close out :D.. a bit of cheap labour thrown in lol

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Getting closer. What is your expected completion date?
within the next six months... I plan to get the inside and outside LineX'd so that will cost a few dollars there... lol..

Any build like this also requires full engineering for our RTA ... Roads and Traffic Authority... full brake and swerve test etc... $$$

·
Registered
272 Posts
within the next six months... I plan to get the inside and outside LineX'd so that will cost a few dollars there... lol..

Any build like this also requires full engineering for our RTA ... Roads and Traffic Authority... full brake and swerve test etc... $$$
Best of luck, sounds like a pain in the rear. I dropped my contraption for final body work and paint. Should be finished and driving it by mid April

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Few more pics... closeout done now making up the rear fenders on the tub! :)

Attachments

21 - 40 of 65 Posts