Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit disturbed by a newspaper article about the new JK V6engine shutting down. The article stated that some engines were just quitting while they were being driven. The article gave no details and I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on this subject? :eek:

07 JK 4dr Saraha unlimited owner

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an 07 2Dr and have about 2600 miles on it and nothing yet, but have been monitoring the discussion intensly... Keep me updated if you hear anything. My local dealership says that they have no idea what is causing it yet...

·
Registered
339 Posts
The problem is known and has been known by the Jeep engineers for quite sometime now. During the pre production testing they had the same problems with them in Death Valley. There is a module called the "TPPS" Module located underneath the fuse box on the passenger side, under the hood. This module is VERY heat sensitive, and has been shown to cause problems when they overheat. As of right now, there is no acknowledgement of the problem by Jeep, but keep your ears to the ground....:D At least they are warranty pieces right now....:)

Joe
Absolute Offroad

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am curious as to whether the system can be reset after a cool down period or does one need a set of hikeing boots? :eek: Can one throw water on the unit or better yet urinate on it to make it work? :flipoff:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts