Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm purchasing 33" tires, so the +1 offset will work on my Fuel D564. It seems most people go with -12 offset?

I don't plan to off road a lot at the moment, but that can change.

I may go 35" tires some day + 2" lift.

+1 offset a mistake?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I got this figured out.

Going with 33" tires and +1 offset wheels, this will be the least geometry change moving to a slightly larger tire on the stock 2014 JK.

If considering a 2" lift and 35" tire, +1 or -12 offset is going to work. Wider is not always better(?), so +1 offset is a good option still (it's still going to be wider than stock), and so it's pretty much up to personal choice.

If you go larger than 35" you'd want more negative offset (less backspacing), and for that matter probably 17x10 (not 18x9) beadlock wheels since it'll be purpose built for off-road.

18x9 +1 offset wheels for 33" seems perfect.

Thanks for listening, feel free to chime in on my thinking. I love good feedback about Jeeps!

Happy Black Friday!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I run the 18" beasts with 35's for street...18x9 -12bs is fine....you'll actually need that if you lift it so the sway links in the rear won't rub on your wheels....enjoy the wheels.....luv mine...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it, so if 35's are the goal, need -12 for sway link clearance. 33" and +1 is OK.

Seems like I'd be limiting myself with +1's. Ugh, not picking them up today!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided a lift is not in the plan, so sticking with 33".

+1 Offset seems appropriate for 33".

Agree?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
285/65r18 BFGoodrich KO2 & Fuel Beast 18" ET1

2014 JK Polar Edition
(Added Rubicon Steel bumpers back in 2014 which I sourced locally from someone tweaking their new Rubicon)
Lund Fenders

285/65r18 BFGoodrich KO2 & Fuel Beast 18" offset +1

Worked out perfect :)

:drinks:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts