Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2000 TJ and have some Saraha wheels off a JK ,with the bigger bolt patteren on the JK wheels I am wondering if I can change over the hubs and axles on the TJ to the bigger JK bolt pattern so I dont have to use adaptors.Or would I be better off selling the JK wheels and tires?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the adaptors have come a long way in recent years.I was an adjuster for Dairyland Insurance CO about 27 years ago and seen a few that had failed and caused some serious damage.The hub centric ones seem to be the best but then its 250 for them ,cheaper ones are on ebay but are most likely not hub centric.I am on a limited budget being disabled my income is limited.Some of my friends own a salvage yard and I can get hubs and axles real cheap for my own ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would look into changing the hubs then. You may price rims on Craigslist in your area, you may be able to trade someone for your bolt pattern or like you said, sell your rims and get some different ones.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Ditch the JK stuff and get the right set of 5x4.5 wheels that you want and tires that best fit your needs

Don't bother trying to mess around with anything that involves the conversion

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Not saying it doesn't look good, but I personally don't think the conversion is worth the money and their is better ways to spend that money on wheels and tires. Others can disagree

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
If your going to keep stock wheels and run a bigger tire TJ or JK you may need spacers anyway, using the stock bolt pattern or converting it to JK makes no differance. Whatever wheel you like....if you want a 6 bolt you can have that too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts