Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting thread! I have owned a JK for two years with a Tera Flex 2.5" and all underarmour, new Bushwhacker fender flares and 35's. It climbs all over my buds TJ with a 4.5" lift and long arm kit. We have a standing joke about him unhooking his sway arm while I push a button. :) Also the Dana 44s and lockers are top notch. Maybe I'll change my mind after newness wears off and something breaks, but for now it a nice ride on and off the road.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the link I like the way it looks was reading it changes the integrity of the role cage don't know if I like the sound of that I don't have all the funds for that now maybe one day

·
Registered
228 Posts
Isn't the bolt pattern different?
Did you have to use an adapter or spacer?
Appreciate any info on mods to make it fit!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love It..I found a Great deal on C/L for (5) 2009 JK Rubicon rims and tires with only 10,000 mile for $600.00 and It makes my TJ look great. Did have to put spacers w/ bolt pattern to go from a JK to a TJ, and a optional 4" lift. But overall I cannot complain, as It makes a world of difference now. Got lucky and sold my old tire and rims at a swap meet for $500.00, but the tires were almost new(less than 4,000 miles on them) Those rims really fill up the wheel wells. Dude, your Jeep looks sweet.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Isn't the bolt pattern different?
Did you have to use an adapter or spacer?
Appreciate any info on mods to make it fit!
Yes, the bp is different. Adapters are required for them to fit. If you really like the look of Moabs, it's much more economical to find them from a TJ Rubi and put them on...... JMO, of course. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya, I got the wheels/tires on CL and all real cheap. The spacers are 100 a pair, but it drives so nice with the bigger (32ish) than the 27s that were on it. Its 3 or 4" up too.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Ya, I got the wheels/tires on CL and all real cheap. The spacers are 100 a pair, but it drives so nice with the bigger (32ish) than the 27s that were on it. Its 3 or 4" up too.
Interesting..... :confused: Since the "32's" are only about 5" larger than your 27's it should only be about 2.5" higher.... ;)

It does look much better, btw... :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
arent stock TJ wheels 29's or 30's. my rhino has 26" tires so i really doubt your jeep had only an 1" bigger tires.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya, the door sticker says 31x10.5x15 i think, but it had 235/75R15 geo crap something on it. i measured them with a tape to 27-28" from the ground to the highest part of the tread. these are 255/70R18 which measure out to 32" or a little bigger on the same tape. that's 5" of wheel difference, which is 2.5" of difference each side of the wheel's center line. so we lifted the jeep 3.5" and added another 2.5" of wheel into the fender well, it's like we just made it a bigger stock jeep. i get 25mpg on the highway with these wheels, for whatever that's worth, and to me that's gold.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts