Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is already posted somewhere, but I can't find it. I know you can put 15" rims on a JK with the correct backspacing. My question revolves around the hub. I am looking at some wheels that are 15x10 with 3.75 backspacing. I know from what I have found on the forum that this should be adequate. They are 5x5 (5 on 127) bolt pattern. The hub bore is 83.06. I am not having a lot of luck definitively finding any information on this. Can anyone school me in the hub bore size necessary for a jk? I've seen people list sizes from the low 70s to the high 80s both here and on other forums. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
This is a bad idea. It will work but sooner rather than later something will give probably your bearings.

You pick an extra wide wheel and then compound the issue by needing reduced backspacing on a rim that barely clears the calipers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. What are your thoughts on a 15x8? I get what you are saying, I just 1) really like the look of a lot of tire and not much rim, and 2) really like the idea of payin 15 in prices for my 35s over 17 in prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.