Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever new model they come up with won't even compare.
Mark my words, Chrysler is fixing to screw them up.
Chances are they'll end up built in China.
I'll never let go of my JK

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
I have to agree with you. But it's not Chrysler I worry about. They have had the Jeep line for over 25 years and have always been true to the brand.
I worry about the Fiat influence. Look what they have done to the Cherokee.

That being said, if the concept photos are correct there may be another line of Wranglers coming up that will kick a$$ with a 3L diesel.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Whatever new model they come up with won't even compare. Mark my words, Chrysler is fixing to screw them up. Chances are they'll end up built in China. I'll never let go of my JK
Hey lets give it a chance, I do not want to be like those tj/yj (no offense) owners who hate the jk just because it's newer and over glorify their own, I'm just supportive of jeep all the way around

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stand corrected on blaming Chrysler. I forgot about Fiat. I'm done giving chances. IMO they're close enough to ruining wranglers right now. Enough is enough.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Gotta love a fresh, provocative beachratjoe thread!

It's probably been linked before, but I recently saw the article about Jeep possibly maintaining the JK line for a while in parallel with the JL line. Doesn't seem too possible to pull off, but is anything being mentioned about delaying the JL release or doing anything that would keep the JK around longer?

The reason I'm asking is that the JK sales just keep going on and on and it seems foolish from a business sense to kill your cash cow just because it's demise was printed on a schedule. Is there precedent in the auto industry for extending a vehicle generation because it's got such a healthy market?

(I'm being completely ignorant of any government regulations that may kill the JK by a certain year, anyway. I just don't read up on this stuff.)

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Jeep follows the clothing industry they will bring out a new wrangler designation just because of the model year color changes. LOL

And I'd like to see what the new designation will be now in March rather than waiting for October. Isn't that how Lowes does things? Brings in the Christmas decorations right after school is out for summer vac? LOL

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Similar to gun legislation. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.
That 2017 JK you pictured looks like a pig. it's going to need $25,000 worth of upgrades to make it worthy.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Is the 2017 model still a JK? I don't see much of a difference from the link above. Still body on frame, Dana axles.

If it looks like this one, then yeah, it's fugly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Lol, doesn't look like Fiat is killing the live axels, but wait, didn't we know this already ?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts