Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
So after 2 months of ownership my wife and I are ready to move on from the Willys. Loved it during that time, but since I just got myself a 911 I realized I have two very impractical cars for longer distance travelling. The 911 is useless in winter and the Wrangler just isn’t a highway cruiser as you all know. I will be getting it appraised for trade-in Saturday and will use that as a starting point for a potential sale to a fellow WF member. If you are a serious buyer in the area, please contact me at [email protected]. Based on what I have found here and with online tools, I am seeing $28k-$30k for trade-in value. Quite a wide spread, but I will know better once I have it appraised. I get that my mods are useless to me on trade in, but that a fellow WF member will find them valuable. I do have all my stock parts and they will come with purchase, so I do have the option to remove them for trade in.

Details as follows -

2014 Wrangler Willys W Unlimited, picked up in May of 2014 and built for me.

Granite Crystal
Mileage at posting – 7500
Options – 5 Speed Automatic Transmission, 3 Piece hardtop, Supplemental Side Airbags
Modifications - LOD Shorty front bumper, JW Speaker LED headlights, Mopar Hood lock (keyed) Mopar gas cap (keyed), ACE Rock Sliders, Spider Trax spacers, Duratrac All Terrain Tires, Grill/partial hood clear bra (Suntek), Full Opti Coat Pro

Couple pics, will take more this weekend and report back with a firm price. Those that may be interested and local, please feel free to email me with any questions. Title in hand.

Car is garaged and we do not off-road and obviously not a daily driver with that mileage.

I am in NNJ, near the Lincoln Tunnel.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For some reason I could not edit the post, wanted to add that I am in NNJ, near the Lincoln Tunnel.

Front windows are also tinted.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck with sale. Why is the Jeep logo on the front grill silver?
I think its the reflection of the light.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have gotten like 4 inquiries already so figured I'd post what I have. Here are pics from before, some are pre bumper, tires, headlights etc. In the close up pic u can see the edge of the hood and the clear bra (Suntek), the grill is also clear bra's as is the original OEM bumper which comes with sale of course. The cleaned up pics are at my detailers after, opti coat pro, tints and clear bra (the hardtop is also opti-coated).

I will assure that the condition of this Willys is as promised. I will post more this weekend once its cleaned, especially of interior.

·
Registered
665 Posts
hmm, funny. My Wrangler is a great highway cruiser. Tires make all the difference in the world :) Would never get rid of my Jeep for a 911.

But good luck with the sale

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm, funny. My Wrangler is a great highway cruiser. Tires make all the difference in the world :) Would never get rid of my Jeep for a 911.

But good luck with the sale
To each his own, but I'm not getting rid of the Jeep for a 911, Im getting rid of it for an X5M for my wife. To say it handles well at 75 mph is all relative.

And I already swapped out my mud tires due to how loud they were.

·
Registered
349 Posts
To each his own, but I'm not getting rid of the Jeep for a 911, Im getting rid of it for an X5M for my wife. To say it handles well at 75 mph is all relative.
The X5M is one of my fav vehicles to drive. I had a 4.8is back in the day, and I have thought about the X5M but am afraid of maintenance and repairs after what my last BMW did to me after the warranty expired. I'm sure you'll be getting a CPO or warranty, so enjoy it until it runs out..then run :D. Truly one of the most fun rides on the road though.

·
Registered
926 Posts
To each his own, but I'm not getting rid of the Jeep for a 911, Im getting rid of it for an X5M for my wife. To say it handles well at 75 mph is all relative. And I already swapped out my mud tires due to how loud they were.
I remember you chiming in last year when I traded in my 2010 C63 for my 2015 jku. Haha. Im still happy with my decision. Sorry to see you go.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I remember you chiming in last year when I traded in my 2010 C63 for my 2015 jku. Haha. Im still happy with my decision. Sorry to see you go.
Didn't think I'd be "leaving" so soon, but Ill be back. Loved the Willys, just doesn't make sense currently, wish I had more parking spots.

Not sure what I said, but I dont miss my C63.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, so circling back, I have emailed some of you individually, I honestly did not think the Willys would garner so much attention. So my dealer is still working on my trade, I know him well (repeat customer) and he is trying to see if he can retail it at another of his dealerships within their auto group. I will do no worse than $28k given condition and mileage, but am hoping to get that number higher. I really have no clue what people were looking to pay, but you can decide that given the condition and mods. I know on trade Im not recouping cost of any mods, but it would be too time consuming for me to remove all the parts.

I should know something by tomorrow and will let everyone know. Ive had about ten inquiries from WF, some more serious than others, so I apologize I did not have a firm # by Saturday as originally promised. We did order the new car, so one way or the other the Willys is going somewhere.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After numerous calls/emails and inquiries nothing panned out at my price point. Turned the Willys in on Tuesday as my wife's X5M showed up. To my surprise, dealer gave me an additional $1k, so net to me with tax benefit towards my lease, I got $29k having paid $32.2k 24 months ago. Not bad, obviously lost out on my mods but easier than removing them all. For those that may consider buying it from a dealer, it is at Prestige BMW in Ramsey NJ and I assure you it is mint. Turned it in with 8k miles on the ODO. Never off roaded - and the hard top never even came off. all the above mods are on it still.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts