Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ones that replace the uppers on the half doors. I can't seem to locate any, anybody know who makes them.?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I'm pretty sure that no one makes them at the present time.

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
There are not a lot of JKs out there with just lower half doors. Virtually all of them were sold with full steel doors, so in the winter most owners just swap back to those doors. In other words, there's a small market for expensive sliders. No plans from our company to make them for JK right now. And l also don't know of any others out there.
Sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are not a lot of JKs out there with just lower half doors. Virtually all of them were sold with full steel doors, so in the winter most owners just swap back to those doors. In other words, there's a small market for expensive sliders. No plans from our company to make them for JK right now. And l also don't know of any others out there.
Sorry.
That's funny! I emailed Bestop about a month or two ago about them and was told they were going to be made, but no release date available.

I really wish you guys would sell them!! Very cruel showing them at SEMA a few years back and not selling.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I thought I had seen them in a magazine, but can't find them now. Did I hear that they are not offering them on the 2012 models?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Thanks, I thought I had seen them in a magazine, but can't find them now. Did I hear that they are not offering them on the 2012 models?
You probably saw ones for a TJ or YJ.

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
That's funny! I emailed Bestop about a month or two ago about them and was told they were going to be made, but no release date available.

I really wish you guys would sell them!! Very cruel showing them at SEMA a few years back and not selling.....
They showed prototypes at 2007 SEMA, just a few months after JKs first came out. I wasn't there, but I think the goal was to show lots of "fast out of the gate" products for the new Jeep. Then, they realized that no one was getting the half doors, and put their attention into other products.

I'm not certain if ANYONE got a 2007 model with half doors. Until middle of last year, it was pretty hard to order them from Jeep or Mopar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts