Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or heard of anyone doing an engine swap for a JK and running it with Ford Ecoboost?

This just may be my opinion but that would be the perfect engine for the JKs, even though I'm not a fan of them in the heavy supercab F-150s.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
No, it isn't even realistic trying to drop a new Ford engine into a Chrysler vehicle.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Don't know what you are trying to achieve here but do some looking around into Diesel of Hemi Swaps. It would certainly be cheaper that a Ford swap, keeping in mind a Hemi/Diesel swap runs around 20K.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I didn't mean I wanted to do this myself. Lol
I know it would cost some major dollars.

Was just curious if there were some trust fund kids or well off person who thought it would be fun to do and had some videos or stories online.

Cool idea but it may not be possible, just curious.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Anything is possible and having just traded in a F150 w/ Ecoboost I gotta say I'd like to take one for a spin. After I put the tune in my Ecoboost it absolutely hauled arse....I can't imagine the type of power it would have in the much lighter Wrangler. If you could get traction it would be an awesome ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anything is possible and having just traded in a F150 w/ Ecoboost I gotta say I'd like to take one for a spin. After I put the tune in my Ecoboost it absolutely hauled arse....I can't imagine the type of power it would have in the much lighter Wrangler. If you could get traction it would be an awesome ride.
Nice! I just traded a 5.0 in to get my Jeep. Loved the truck but was bored with 2-wheel drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts