Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it really doesn't filter but now that I have a reinforced tailgate with spare tire carrier, the rear of my Jeep fills with trail dust coming in thru the rear vent in the middle of the tailgate.

The louvers seem to be intact but what I need is a filter to somehow attach to keep the back of my JK clean or at least cleaner.

Has anyone come up with a solution to put a rear filter back there so that the venting action can still work but also keep dust from entering the vehicle?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well it really doesn't filter but now that I have a reinforced tailgate with spare tire carrier, the rear of my Jeep fills with trail dust coming in thru the rear vent in the middle of the tailgate.

The louvers seem to be intact but what I need is a filter to somehow attach to keep the back of my JK clean or at least cleaner.

Has anyone come up with a solution to put a rear filter back there so that the venting action can still work but also keep dust from entering the vehicle?
On mine, some the louvers appeared intact, but were actually stuck open. Many were missing. The rubber becomes brittle and rigid. There should be rubber flappers on each hole. Swap in a new rubber louver assembly before trying to mess around with filters.

sent via the cone of silence

1 - 4 of 4 Posts