Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Good year dura trac or BFG at/ko2 are both good off road capable tires that are very on road friendly. Never used the dura trac, but I have run the BFG, good tires that drive well and wear very good.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,003 Posts
View attachment 1645657

^^^These are one of the Forum favorites, GY Duratrac's.
Relatively light in weight, good in both snow and rain, and they are not as noisy as most.
They are also a high mileage tire. Just rotate them, maintain proper tire pressure, and just keep on going!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
^^^These are one of the Forum favorites, GY Duratrac's. Relatively light in weight, good in both snow and rain, and they are not as noisy as most. They are also a high mileage tire. Just rotate them, maintain proper tire pressure, and just keep on going!!!!!!!!
you forgot to mention they also read, "Wrangler" on the side. That name-plate alone allows you to traverse anything you come across. It also adds 10-15 HP depending on your wheel size.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm bucking the system on tires. My full off roading is just farm roads, crossing a couple creeks etc. getting to my fishing holes and deer camps.
Had these on my PU. and they were great but more of a highway all weather. Were outstanding on snow and icy conditions. I'll let you guys know next year about on a Jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
2012 JKU with stock Wrangler SRA P255/75/17's on now..I will be going to the Goodyear Duratrac's since they came out with the "new" size for stock 255/75/17's in the Duratrac.....Good reviews, and fit the stock spec's without messing with anything if you want to keep with stock size.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just put a set of Cooper AT/3's on my Wranger. I've been using the same tire on my 4X4 Tacoma for a year. Aggressive enough to do most anything short of a dedicated mud tire. Work great in ice.snow. Quite and smooth riding, and fairly inexpensive. With the rebate Cooper was offering I'm under $700 for 5 tires mounted and tax paid.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Our shop sells a ton of those Cooper AT3's. They are pretty reasonably priced. My boss runs them on his pickup and he drives way out in the woods all the time. He likes them. I ran BFG AT's on my last wrangler with a soft top and they got loud after about 15k miles. The Duelers are nice, but as stated more of a highway type tire. I'd go with them since I'm not out in the mud.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had a good experience with Yoko Geolandar A/T-S. However, to fit them on a JK, one must go all the way to E load rating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts