Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into purchasing a stock Rubi replacement bumper for my stock X bumper. I like the look of the fog lights and tow hooks. But I want to make sure if the metal bumper of the JK X has the holes drilled out for the tow hooks. If anyone with a X knows about this please let me know.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
X, Rubicon, Sahara, they're all the same. The tow hooks actually have the bolts that hold the bumper on pressed through them. There are no "additional" bolt holes required.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
daggo66 said:
X, Rubicon, Sahara, they're all the same. The tow hooks actually have the bolts that hold the bumper on pressed through them. There are no "additional" bolt holes required.
So a sport/Sahara/rubicon stock bumper cover should all match up with my X bumper frame? Including tow hooks? I just want to be 100% sure because I'm purchasing on CL. Thanks.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
So a sport/Sahara/rubicon stock bumper cover should all match up with my X bumper frame? Including tow hooks? I just want to be 100% sure because I'm purchasing on CL. Thanks.
Absolutely 100%.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
You might want to check around on the forums. Many people just give those away. I gave mine away. How much is the one you're looking at?

·
Registered
22 Posts
bigjerm646 said:
I am looking into purchasing a stock Rubi replacement bumper for my stock X bumper. I like the look of the fog lights and tow hooks. But I want to make sure if the metal bumper of the JK X has the holes drilled out for the tow hooks. If anyone with a X knows about this please let me know.
I put Rubi (w/lites) bumper on my 2008 X, no problem. The lites are wired as DRL.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can someone show be the difference between the two? I thought all of the stock JK bumpers were the same with the exception of the chrome insert on a view of models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daggo - Right now he is asking for about $125 with bumper, hardwards, tow hooks, air dam, and top cover. However, I have to buy the mopar fog light assemble to hook everything up.

bwyman74 - cant really show you by the X is just the bumper. They "mark" an area where you can cut it out to allow tow hooks to show. But the X bumper is just one solid piece of plastic. Boring.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
Right now he is asking for about $125 with bumper, hardwards, tow hooks, air dam, and top cover.
Damn, most people just give this stuff away. I threw mine away because it was banged up quite a bit from offroading. Check the Freebies section on JK-Forum. Lots of people giving away their stock bumpers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts