Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
They should put a canopy over the back with side windows, a back seat and some really cool doors so people can climb in the back and paint the whole thing black.
Now THAT would be awsome!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dont know why everyone hates on Cosmos Blue, its the nicest color Jeep has put out in a long time. This is one of the nicer rigs out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
any JKU owner can buy this Mod for just over $5000.00, I can think of other Mods to spoend my $5000.00 on but it is a sweet set up

·
Registered
278 Posts
bo9roadking said:
I think he was being funny. :thumb:
HAAAAAA!

I love the look of these but it's just not doable for me to have 2 seater bleh! I'm a black Jeeper but if I HAD TO pick a "color" it would be this blue!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I honestly don't understand the appeal of the JK8 model package. Definitely not my thing.
I'm sorta with you on that. I mean, I kinda dig the look, especially with the half doors like this one has. But it is certainly nothing I would do myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Having seen this vehicle in person at the show, I can vouch for its popularity. This JK8 was attracting a lot of attention and crowds. One of the more popular vehicles on display at the show in the Chrysler showcase.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I saw a JK8 at the auto show. I just don't see the use of a small 3x3 foot truck bed 4 feet off the ground. Looks cool but just doesn't seem practical or useful to me.
The back of your standard JKU with no seat is wider,deeper and protected from mud, thieves, seagulls, etc.

The military version of the JK8 however looks very utilitarian and durable.
I'm sure you've all seen SARGE in the Jeep rags.
Standard Military JK8 comes with a 6 foot long all steel bed, Dana 60 rear end, full military wrap leaf springs, ARB locker, ARB bull bar, canvas canopy and diesel motor. Too bad we can't buy them here in the USA.

Some of us remember when Chrysler introduced pink and turquoise as the cool new Wrangler colors back in the 90's. Sold a lot of them too.
I think the fancy loud colors marketing focus groups come up based on current market trends with have a limited shelf life.
Once the "wow factor" wears off unusual automotive colors often become obsolete and dated.
That cool new blue might stand out from the crowd now but 5-10 years down the road you might regret buying it and take a serious hit in resale value.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts