Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I've installed a 2.5" by JKS with fox shocks and also got their j flex control arms (lower front)

Here is what I am experiencing:

Best way to describe is when I am in a drive through filled with cars and you move forward a foot and break, the jeep seems to rock back and forth until it stops ... it's very noticeable

Noticed this when we first installed the lift and based on what I read we loosened all the bolts from the install , shook the jeep front and back , and re torqued to spec on the ground. We have put over 500 miles since we did that and it's still happening

Any idea what could be causing this ? Is this normal at that lift height ? Other than that we are happy with the overall drive

my previous jeep I had teraflex performance level springs and I never had that issue

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
My JKS 2.5 doesn't do that. If you've checked and double checked all the bolts, then I'm not really sure where to go from there.

I guess the springs are seated correctly?

If it is rocking front to back, I'd look at all the control arms first. If it's side to side, I'd suspect track bars.

Can you post some pics of the lift and maybe somebody can see if something doesn't look right?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How would be tires affect that or cause it ? I am running bfg ko2 in 315 75 r16 ... on he teraflex set up I also had bfg ko2 but they were 285 75 r16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tires are not perfectly round. There is a seam where the tread is put together that will cause a wobble at slow speeds. Put your wheels on a balancer and check to see which one or ones are egg shaped. If there is one that is bad, they can warranty it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts