Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2006 TJ "X" (low miles - 27k). I sure want to get it lifted but $$ are tight right now. I have a gone through a stint with the dreaded "Death Wobble". That was a major concern since the Jeep is a daily driver for my girls. I quickly fixed it with a OME stabilizer - I know that is a band aide move on my part. Had to solve it quickly.
Now I want to gradually purchase lift components "below the radar" of my wife.:angel: I want to replace the track bar as it relates to some of my concern with the now hidden "Death Wobble". My stock track bar appears to have a slight amount of play.
To stay in line with my lift plans - OME 2.5", I want to purchase a JKS adjustable front track bar.
Here is the questions for you experts - The JKS adjustable front track bar say's its for a 1" - 3 1/2" lift. Can I make this track bar work for a TJ "X" with no lift?

Thanks for your valued responses.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Now when you say you went through a stint with DW was that a shake in your steering wheel or a violent shake of the entire jeep that scared the living crap out of you and didn't stop shaking till you almost came to a stop. That is DW. If thats the case then you need to start looking for the problem. The worn bushing in the track bar is one of the main causes. If you are going to lift it you may want to just replace the bushings in your stock track bar and wait till you lift it to install an adjustable. Also look at the ball joints and tire balance. A steering stabilizer is defiantly not a fix.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Sure you can make it work, but it may require modding the TB. I don't think that is your problem if you don't have a lift. If it's loose, tighten it. If the hole is already rounded out where the bolt goes on the axle side, you'll need to weld a thick washer or 1/4" steel plate to reinforce the hole so it fits tight again. Any play is a bad thing and it will only loosen more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts