Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We don't know what you mean!!!!

JKUR? Sure. JKR? Sure. JKUHR? Sure. JKHR? Sure. JKU 10A? Sure. JK 10A? Sure.

JKUS? Huh? Sport, Sahara, WHAT???!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
JK / JKU - Sport
JKS / JKUS - Sahara

At least that's what I've always thought. All unofficial of course since JK is the only official one. :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
JK / JKU - Sport
JKS / JKUS - Sahara

At least that's what I've always thought. All unofficial of course since JK is the only official one. :)
And what about the Sport-S models? :whistling:

:D

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
I've been saying this since it first appeared here. Of course when I say it I'm an [email protected] I don't even like the "U" since that is made up as well. That being said, I have a JKXS. :)

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
If you put Rubicon stickers on a Sport is it a JKR/JKUR??
If you remove your Sahara stickers/bumper inlays is it back to a JK/JKU? Same with removing Sport sticker?

To add to the list:
JKM/JKUM - Mountain, Moab, Mojave or Modern Warfare??
JKA/JKUA - Anniversary, Arctic or Altitude?
JKR/JKUR - Rocky Mountain Edition or Rubicon?
JKI/JKUI - Islander
JKWW/JKUWW - Willy's Wheeler
JKD/JKUD - Dragon
JKP/JKUP - Polar
JKF/JKUF - Freedom
JKOM/JKUOM - Oscar Mike
JKHR/JKUHR - Hard Rock
JKRX/JKURX - Rubi X

And finally: Will an Sahara Unlimited X be a JKSUX??

Ok.... I'm done. Sorry.... :pc-ouch:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
:D

I know there are no right or wrong answers here, I just love all the comments when these threads come around! :rofl2:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
You guys don't know how good you have it. Coming from GM trucks this is what some folks use for shorthand:

GMT-400, produced 1988-1998: OBS, for old body style.
GMT-800, produced 1999-2006: NBS, for new body style.

This worked fine during this time but then it goes downhill-

GMT-900, produced 2007-2013: NNBS, for new new body style
K2, produced 2014-current: NNNBS.

It's absurd. The GM platform codes I start the list with are analogous in the GM truck world to JK, TJ, etc here. Everyone knows that they mean but some insist on the NBS type description. But it doesn't make sense because not everyone uses them the same so it just causes tons of confusion. Add to that the 1500s, HDs and fullsize SUVs never launch at the same time due to the rolling updates GM does at the four truck plants so a 2014 1500 pickup is the current K2 chassis but HD trucks and all large SUVs were still on the 900-series chassis.

You following me still? lol

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
You guys don't know how good you have it. Coming from GM trucks this is what some folks use for shorthand:

GMT-400, produced 1988-1998: OBS, for old body style.
GMT-800, produced 1999-2006: NBS, for new body style.

This worked fine during this time but then it goes downhill-

GMT-900, produced 2007-2013: NNBS, for new new body style
K2, produced 2014-current: NNNBS.

It's absurd. The GM platform codes I start the list with are analogous in the GM truck world to JK, TJ, etc here. Everyone knows that they mean but some insist on the NBS type description. But it doesn't make sense because not everyone uses them the same so it just causes tons of confusion. Add to that the 1500s, HDs and fullsize SUVs never launch at the same time due to the rolling updates GM does at the four truck plants so a 2014 1500 pickup is the current K2 chassis but HD trucks and all large SUVs were still on the 900-series chassis.

You following me still? lol
I come from the GM truck world also. I usually refer to the older ones by their "code names" I.E. Action line, Apache, Viking, etc. It gets exciting when you argue with someone over the "rounded-line" moniker given to the 73-87 trucks, which are arguably the most square trucks ever made haha

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I come from the GM truck world also. I usually refer to the older ones by their "code names" I.E. Action line, Apache, Viking, etc. It gets exciting when you argue with someone over the "rounded-line" moniker given to the 73-87 trucks, which are arguably the most square trucks ever made haha
I have an Action line truck, a 1972 Chevy K10 longbed. To avoid any confusion, I like to call it a "1972 Chevy K10 longbed" :whistling:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts