Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the new jks correction brackets yet? Looking to add a set to my jk to fix caster and flighty steering. These look very well made compared to the rest.

·
Super Moderator
14,584 Posts
I think the JKS might turn out to be the "best" in my opinion, based on high build quality like the Ranchos AND adjustability like the AEV. Rancho's aren't adjustable and AEV (and all the copies) aren't boxed and built as well.

I'll flag it again as "opinion". But its based on facts... :)

They are $175, so $40ish more than the Rancho's... Less than a tank of gas.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
"Adjustable" is the wrong word to use. AEV targets stock caster using the hole closest to your lift height.
Rancho's single hole provides more caster at lower heights. For example 5° at 2.5" .. This person has no need to adjust for more/less caster.
I am at 3.5" running 3.5-4° caster angle. At this height, I would not want to adjust for more caster.

I ran the AEV Brackets Before the Ranchos. (middle hole), caster angle was about the same. Same scenario. Due to height/pinion angle .. I would not want more caster.

·
Super Moderator
14,584 Posts
"Adjustable" is the wrong word to use. AEV targets stock caster using the hole closest to your lift height.
Rancho's single hole provides more caster at lower heights. For example 5° at 2.5" .. This person has no need to adjust for more/less caster.
I am at 3.5" running 3.5-4° caster angle. At this height, I would not want to adjust for more caster.

I ran the AEV Brackets Before the Ranchos. (middle hole), caster angle was about the same. Same scenario. Due to height/pinion angle .. I would not want more caster.
The ability to adjust caster based on lift height... Qualifies as adjustable for me. :lmao:

They all work. But if I was at 3.25" lift and had 2 choices of caster, I am confident that I would like 1 over the other. If I only had 1 choice, I might.. :pullinghair: And If I had Synergy fixed length lower control arms and adjustable uppers, but was looking for max on road ride quality, who knows which holes would give me the best caster and geometry?? I'd just have to settle for the only 1 I had. :tomatoes:

Busting your.... :drinks:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
The ability to adjust caster based on lift height... Qualifies as adjustable for me. :lmao: They all work. But if I was at 3.25" lift and had 2 choices of caster, I am confident that I would like 1 over the other. If I only had 1 choice, I might.. :pullinghair: And If I had Synergy fixed length lower control arms and adjustable uppers, but was looking for max on road ride quality, who knows which holes would give me the best caster and geometry?? I'd just have to settle for the only 1 I had. :tomatoes: Busting your.... :drinks:
Haha

The JK has only 6 degrees between caster/pinion. Not much to play around with .. That's my point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Material Thickness

I already have the AEV brackets but would certainly be interested in a beefier product, given the vulnerability of these brackets to rocks.

Apparently, the JKS brackets are 7 gauge (0.180" thick).
Does anyone know how thick the Rancho brackets are?
Are the Rancho Brackets "boxed" as well?

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
I already have the AEV brackets but would certainly be interested in a beefier product, given the vulnerability of these brackets to rocks.

Apparently, the JKS brackets are 7 gauge (0.180" thick).
Does anyone know how thick the Rancho brackets are?
Are the Rancho Brackets "boxed" as well?
if you play on rocks, I wouldn't advise going back to another "sturdier" bracket. get a set of fixed length extended control arms. Teraflex/synergy makes affordable ones.

I had the AEV's and only played on deep ruts...I wouldn't play on rocks with geo brackets.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
5,701 Posts

You are right therm "adjustable" is misused term in this case and other parts like the Rancho XL9000 shocks. These parts have multiple settings not continuous adjustability. Adjustable control arms are truly adjustable.

The AEV brackets specifically have settings for their 2.5", 3.5" and 4.5" lift kits. The main purpose of the bracket is not adjust Caster angle to correct (flatten) the angle of the control arms. In this process the fixed CA rear drops down pushing the front forward and indirectly adjusting the Caster Angle. If you use the 4.5" setting on a 2.5" lift you can end up with more problems than Caster angle such as a negative slope on the control arms.

My choice would be the JKS because the lowest setting is for a 2" lift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you play on rocks, I wouldn't advise going back to another "sturdier" bracket. get a set of fixed length extended control arms. Teraflex/synergy makes affordable ones.

I had the AEV's and only played on deep ruts...I wouldn't play on rocks with geo brackets.
While I like to play on the rocks, most of the time I am riding on the street, and the adjustable control arms just don't provide the same ride quality as the geometry brackets. So, I am looking for the strongest geometry brackets.

Note: I just measured the thickness of my AEV brackets and they are about the same as the JKS brackets.

·
Super Moderator
14,584 Posts
Go for the Rancho's they look and feel way stronger, they are also a one piece unit.
Did you actually look at the JKS brackets?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you actually look at the JKS brackets?
I saw them and honestly they did not look all that different, the only thing is they are way more expensive, that's why I went with the Rancho's and been really happy with them, my jeep tracks really good at highway speeds.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts