Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just installed a rk lift kit and I have the rk swaybar disconnects on and like every other disconnect I've used there such a pain in the ass to disconnect. My jeep frame is coated in fluid film so I end up getting all greasy and hurting myself somehow ( in externally clumsy lol). I always here good things about the jks disconnects, do they disconnect that much easier and make them worth spending the 150

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have them and personally dont like them. You have to grease them (which is great for durability, but you have to carry gloves with you otherwise you get grease all over your hands when you disconnect.) id go RK or something similar in design if i could do it all over again.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have JKS as well they are alright, kind of a pain to remove and re-install but they are the only set of quick disconnects I have ever had. All that being said I pulled them off several days ago yet to put them back on and really cant tell any difference with on road driving. Maybe it is my AEV lift kit because I know with stock suspension and them off it had a lot of sway.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have them and personally dont like them. You have to grease them (which is great for durability, but you have to carry gloves with you otherwise you get grease all over your hands when you disconnect.) id go RK or something similar in design if i could do it all over again.
Yeah I saw you had to grease them so that plus the ton of fluid film under my jeep will make for a messy time disconnecting. Guess maby ill stile with the rk there solid as a rock just right and hard to get off maby thell break in a bit

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
i had JKS quick disco and i did NOT like it at all. despite greesing, it was pain in the ass to put them back. i have tried adjusting different ways but still was not working for me. i had to ask someone to climb on one side to lower a side of the jeep so the link would go in. i don't recommend it.

another issue was- i didn't like wheeling completely disconnected. it was too bouncy.

best solution was Currie AntiRock. You put it once and it feels perfect off roading. for highway it feels little different but you will get used to it. no more touching anything or greasing.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had JKS quick disco and i did NOT like it at all. despite greesing, it was pain in the ass to put them back. i have tried adjusting different ways but still was not working for me. i had to ask someone to climb on one side to lower a side of the jeep so the link would go in. i don't recommend it.

another issue was- i didn't like wheeling completely disconnected. it was too bouncy.

best solution was Currie AntiRock. You put it once and it feels perfect off roading. for highway it feels little different but you will get used to it. no more touching anything or greasing.
I thought about the anti rock but was scared about the body roll and if it be worth it the amount I go wheeling

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'll be curious to see how those RK disconnects wind up for you. I currently have extended links, not disconnects. JKS is the very popular choice and I have to assume it's so for a reason. I've read some odd reviews about the RK disconnects, butu nothing specific comes to mind right now.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be curious to see how those RK disconnects wind up for you. I currently have extended links, not disconnects. JKS is the very popular choice and I have to assume it's so for a reason. I've read some odd reviews about the RK disconnects, butu nothing specific comes to mind right now.
I mean there great quality links I can't complain about that there just a pain to get off and on you need pliers to get the pin out and you need to be carefull you don't loose the plastic bushing. They work fine I'm just lazy and wondered of the jks ones are eaisier. Only odd review I've read about these is they used to rattle when you drove but they have a plastic bushing now that goes on between the link and the pin and it keeps it tight so no rattle.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I mean there great quality links I can't complain about that there just a pain to get off and on you need pliers to get the pin out and you need to be carefull you don't loose the plastic bushing. They work fine I'm just lazy and wondered of the jks ones are eaisier. Only odd review I've read about these is they used to rattle when you drove but they have a plastic bushing now that goes on between the link and the pin and it keeps it tight so no rattle.
Funny, I was actually thinking the same thing with the JKS ones.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I have the Terraflex ones and they arent too bad. I've never used RK or JKS, but I am able to get the terraflex ones off and on myself pretty quickly. They have a "storage" position, so you only remove the bottom of the link and rotate it up where it clips on another peg you install. The bushings they use are pretty good quality and slide off and on without too much trouble. I plan on getting a RK lift in the future, and I think ill keep my terraflex discos

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
What size lift do you have? I have a set of metalcloak quick disconnects that I can't use because my lift is too short. They are made to work with a 3.5-4.5 inch lift if you are interested. I actually went with JKS when I realized I couldn't use the MC ones. I'm pretty happy with the JKS, but they are a pain to put back on when level ground is hard to find.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I dont really get why people are having a hard time with the jks quick disconnects. I have them on my rig and apart from having to use gloves they slip on and off very quickly/easily. It may also be the fact that they are relatively new, but so far so good. I just need to figure out a better way to keep the front swaybar up and out of the way.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I haven't bought any discos yet mainly because I can't find what I want. I want "parkable" ones because I don't want to deal with zip ties or bungees... But most I have found are for like 3" or more lift (I only have a levelling kit). The only one that could possible work is the Teraflex setup but I've also heard of people popping tires on the park pin because it sticks out a lot. Frustrating.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't bought any discos yet mainly because I can't find what I want. I want "parkable" ones because I don't want to deal with zip ties or bungees... But most I have found are for like 3" or more lift (I only have a levelling kit). The only one that could possible work is the Teraflex setup but I've also heard of people popping tires on the park pin because it sticks out a lot. Frustrating.
Yeah I need to find a good place to dock the disconnects do they make anything to do this or am I gonna have to jerry rig something cause zip ties are a pain

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like my JKS discos. Sure they can be a pain to connect when not on level ground but I don't think there are any disconnects that won't have this problem. I'm not sure I understand the zip tie thing either, takesliterally 30 seconds per side and I'm being generous with the time.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have JKS and have no issues (but haven't used others so nothing to compare against). They come off quickly and I just toss them in a plastic bag. Haven't had issues putting them back on...just a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I dont really get why people are having a hard time with the jks quick disconnects. I have them on my rig and apart from having to use gloves they slip on and off very quickly/easily. It may also be the fact that they are relatively new, but so far so good. I just need to figure out a better way to keep the front swaybar up and out of the way.
Same here, I had them on my old Jeep and really liked them. Never had a problem taking them off or putting them back on and I had them for almost 4 years.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Never had a problem with mine (JKS). I keep shop rags in my jeep at all times so I wrap them up in a shop towel when not in use and the rag doubles as a means to clean off my hands. I grease mine each time I do an oil change so I don't have to keep track of miles, etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts