Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my factory sway bar connects with the quick disc from JKS. Now, my TJ has noticeably more roll/sway than I did with my factory ones. I set the sway bar angle around 10 degrees like the instructions said. And yes, they are connected. Any idea why I have more roll?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
If they are adjusted correctly then you should not have any more sway than before. There is nothing different other than the fact you can disconnect these. :thumb:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I replaced my factory sway bar connects with the quick disc from JKS. Now, my TJ has noticeably more roll/sway than I did with my factory ones. I set the sway bar angle around 10 degrees like the instructions said. And yes, they are connected. Any idea why I have more roll?
can you post a pic?? I have the same ones and had no issue at all.

·
Registered
274 Posts
DMH2021 said:
Looking at mrbat23 pic maybe I need a little higher angle on my sway bar.
Maybe a little bit more. That looks pretty close to 10 degrees though. Mine went pretty close with the angle of the chassis, which yours basically looks like

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: The front disconnects are fine and set up properly. I determined that the extra body roll was a result of my rear sway bar. First, I had added a Garvin Ind Expedition Roof Rack. So there is a little more weight up top. Second, the rear sway bar bushings were shot. It's an '03, but maybe it's due to the wear from the weight of the roof rack. Either way, I replaced the rear sway bar with a larger, thicker adjustable one. I also replaced all the front and rear bushings with polyurethane ones. What a big difference. It rides tight on the road, but the rear can be adjusted for the dirt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.