Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm using the 0-2 inch version with mine, but I have a winch weighing down the front. The kit does come with swaybar links but they were too long in my case.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
if i have the TF Leveling kit installed, can i use this?

JKS Manufacturing 2030 - JKS Manufacturing Quicker Disconnects™ for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Item# 16160.101

which is for the 2.5-6" lifts?
Hmm. I'm about 85% sure they'll work.

But that 15% is kinda annoying.

Isn't there a smaller length? Could be wrong. Don't remember mine having that large of a fit.

Problem is, you'll get new sway bar links with the kit. Generally, you move your stock rears up front, and put the new ones on the rear. But it's the fronts you wanna be able to disco...

If there's not another size offered, I'd either call the mfr directly and talk to a human, or shoot somebody like plukethe2 a PM. He gave me info on mine...bet he'd know.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their is a 0-2" one offered but i plan to go to a 2.5" coil lift in about 1.5-2yrs so figured if it'll work then buy'em once unless its better to err on the side of caution.

I didnt like the design of the links that came with then leveling kit. The got loose the other day, and i mean i could turn the bolt freely by hand loose, and I've tried to retighten them be they seem to be working themselves loose.

Dont want to chance them coming apart while driving down the road

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Their is a 0-2" one offered but i plan to go to a 2.5" coil lift in about 1.5-2yrs so figured if it'll work then buy'em once unless its better to err on the side of caution.

I dint like the design of the links that cane with then leveling kit. The got loose the other day, and i mean i could turn the but freely by hand loose, and I've tried to retighten them be they seem to be working themselves loose.

Dont want to chance them coming apart while driving down the road
I hear you. Frankly, same reason I swapped out the links that came with my lift – when I wheeled with em, they always seemed like something waiting to break. Kinda the weak link in the whole setup. So I bought the JKS, same size you asked about. I run a 3" Full Traction lift, and they fit fine. That's why I think they'd work for your setup...just not sure enough to tell you yea or nay. The leveling kit is in that gray area...right around 2". But somebody should know. Hopefully. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, im about to go to TF's website and ask them the question as well but ivalways like asking you guys as you've always provided good information as well as comic relief :)

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
yea, im about to go to TF's website and ask them the question as well but ivalways like asking you guys as you've always provided good information as well as comic relief :)
This is just me, but I never rely on e-mails to answer a question of such magnitude. Often you're gonna get an e-mail back from some college kid who doesn't know a Wrangler from a toaster oven.

Sorry, college kids.

I'd call em and talk to a live human. Again, that's just me. But if you talk to a person, you'll hear the hesitation, if there is any. In which case, you can jump em right then and there: Did you cough? What's up with that? Are you laughing? What's so funny? Do you have any idea what you're talking about...do you even know what a sway bar link is?

Like that.

Personal. Nowhere for em to hide.

Up to you.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
True point,

Thanks KB
:thumb:

It'll work out, either way. I know, I know...you wanna buy em tonight. I suspect all Jeepers have a "Now, damnit" gene. Tuesday's not that far off, man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts