Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just finished putting on my discos, in a rain storm mind you haha. And just wanted to share and ask one or two questions. First, they are very well built! Great quality and have awesome features built in like the ability to disconnects on un even terrain. Second, they are VERY adjustable. I got the 0-2" ones and i can almost guarantee they would work on a 2.5" lift. So much thread lol. Hit em with the grease gun but havent actually flexed out yet. First question is this, did you guys really torque the post to 65lbs? I didnt i just went as tight as i could considering you have to have a screwdriver going through them to sinch them down. And second do you guys squeeze till grease comes out or one or two pumps? I went till it squirted out and cleaned up but it was a bit of a mess lol pics to follow for flex!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just put mine this weekend. Yes 65 ft lbs is the way to go,When it comes to suspension parts always torque to specs or manufacturer requirements .

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just put mine this weekend. Yes 65 ft lbs is the way to go,When it comes to suspension parts always torque to specs or manufacturer requirements .
How did you get an accurate torque spec while holding the post from spinning?

·
Registered
58 Posts
When I did mine the screwdriver was only needed until they snugged up,then applying the torque was easy no spin and very little effort needed to hold the posts stationary.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
For what it's worth, the JKS Quick Disconnects model 2034 says they will work on any lift 3"-6". We have them installed on our 2.5" Teraflex and they work great! We finally got to use them last month at Hurricane Creek in North Carolina. :)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 284154

Check it outttt :D they are a little tough to get on and off but nothing crazy. Put a little light film of motor oil on the post and it made things easier lol you really gotta make sure your on lvl ground taking these things off and on :/

Edit: dont know why the pic is so big srry!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts