Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided on the JSK suspension 2.5 lift. After doing countless of hours of research, talking to different vendors from AEV, Teraflex, and others I ended up with the JSK with the upgraded heavy duty Fox shocks from BDS. I was a bit nervous and concerned about the ride quality, etc. I wanted to do a nice lift that didn't consist of messing up my ride quality of my 2015 Rubicon 4 door. Man, this thing rides like a dream, this is WAAAAAY better than the stock ride setup. I mean, the stock ride didn't ride that bad, it felt good but now this is a whole different level. I purchased AE beadlock wheels in 17, BFG KO2's and this is just puuuuuurfect...

I will be posting pictures soon, the only thing that sucks is that I need bumpers soooooo bad, I got the avenger grill, 10th anniversary painted hood, lift, tires, wheels.. But the Jeep doesn't look good without the bumpers, sadly I can't overspend so I have to take things slowly... It just bugs me not to have my Jeep complete... But slowly but surely I will get her done~!

So far I am impressed with its ride quality~ Nice~! :beerdrinking:

Jspec Suspension 2.5" Lift Kit

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Just waiting for the pics here... I believe the JKS kit is a good one, but I don't have any direct experience with it. The only comment on the kit is that I don't really like how they drill the rear sway link mount instead of using a new link in the proper length, but that's a minor squibble...

Glad you like it!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just waiting for the pics here... I believe the JKS kit is a good one, but I don't have any direct experience with it. The only comment on the kit is that I don't really like how they drill the rear sway link mount instead of using a new link in the proper length, but that's a minor squibble...

Glad you like it!
I think that most lifts have their pros and cons, I'm no suspension expert, nor do I know about lifts to really comment, but atleast I am impressed so far~

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts

Glad you like it!
Yes, it doesn't come with longer rear sway bar links. You just have to either source some adjustable rears, which JKS carries, or go with fixed lengths made for 2.5" lifts such as ones from Rough Country. Other than that it comes with fully adjustable front sway bar disconnects, and an adjustable track bar which other companies don't include. After having the lift for 4 months and putting a good amount of miles on it, I gotta say the best thing about this lift is that things just work, (no component interference) and the ride is great!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well that's reassuring. I recently bought the JKS 3.5" lift so it's good to know that everything works well. I was planning on "completing" it with a set of adjustable sway bar links in the rear, control arm brackets, and the Yeti High Steer kit. :bop:

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Well that's reassuring. I recently bought the JKS 3.5" lift so it's good to know that everything works well. I was planning on "completing" it with a set of adjustable sway bar links in the rear, control arm brackets, and the Yeti High Steer kit. :bop:
Going all out I see, you're doing it right from the get-go. Now, may I recommend an adjustable rear track bar???

Never ends!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Going all out I see, you're doing it right from the get-go. Now, may I recommend an adjustable rear track bar???

Never ends!
Yea that's the plan. Do it once and not have to worry about it anymore. And I honestly was just gonna put the rear trackbar off a bit. I figured the provided bracket will get the axle centered close enough and then I'll add the trackbar farther down the line when I switch to adjustable control arms.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Yea that's the plan. Do it once and not have to worry about it anymore. And I honestly was just gonna put the rear trackbar off a bit. I figured the provided bracket will get the axle centered close enough and then I'll add the trackbar farther down the line when I switch to adjustable control arms.
Exactly what I did, it was off-centered a bit and eventually sprung for the SuperLift Adj Rear Track Bar and worked out great!

Looking back, if the JSpec didn't come with a Front Track Bar, I would have bought the SuperLift one for the front...

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
JKS has been around forever. I don't agree with everything they do but you can't argue with the quality of their products. Would I personally go with them for every component? No. But you also won't be making a bad choice with anything they manufacture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts